Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Anti-virus/Spyware recommendations

Whatever you do, don't buy Norton Antivirus:

a) it'll slow down your processor - your computer will start up ten times slower than usual

b) it's more difficult to de-install it once your license has run out

I recommend Kaspersky.

I'm hearin that brother.

I noticed something very odd this morning when i turned my laptop on - the time had changed - some would say a typical sign of something illegitimate going on. strange? Very. Two minutes later, AVG pops up saying you have a number of trojans, (dont ask me how, i dont know), remove and quarantine them, yes please! Brilliant.

If that was Norton, it'd of waited until it had completely fooked my hard drive over, then told me to remove it.

I'm hearin that brother.

I noticed something very odd this morning when i turned my laptop on - the time had changed - some would say a typical sign of something illegitimate going on. strange? Very. Two minutes later, AVG pops up saying you have a number of trojans, (dont ask me how, i dont know), remove and quarantine them, yes please! Brilliant.

If that was Norton, it'd of waited until it had completely fooked my hard drive over, then told me to remove it.

Norton 360 biggest load of shite in the world.

Forked out nearlly £75 boys for this guy to come out and fix the family computer because Norton failed to pick up a virus. Never again is my Mother listening to Currys without me being there.

Fckin hell, that is an absolute joke. What had happened to it? Mine needed a new hard drive which cost me £40, i thought that was about as bad as it could get!

It's ridiculous that a service like Norton could let that sort of stuff get onto a computer, and i think if it let's a virus get onto your computer and it fcks it up, Norton should pay the costs!

Norton is a resource hog it's a known fact, i stopped using that piece of crap years ago! but there's still people who preach it's the best!

In my world all people I declared idiots would be put to the sword.

Apologies in advance to anybody using Norton, Microsoft Express, AOL and the iStore for any inconvenience impending death may bring.

In my world all people I declared idiots would be put to the sword.

Apologies in advance to anybody using Norton, Microsoft Express, AOL and the iStore for any inconvenience impending death may bring.

Haha amen mate! oh don't even get me started on AOL! why do people use that??

Am I literally the only person to have no trouble with Norton lol

I think so! I remember me ex-girlfriend had it, started having problems with her computer, and scanned with Norton (which found nothing). She took it to her friend who knew about computers and managed to find at least three different trojans.

I think so! I remember me ex-girlfriend had it, started having problems with her computer, and scanned with Norton (which found nothing). She took it to her friend who knew about computers and managed to find at least three different trojans.

This is exactly what happened on mine. Except mine found about 7 trojans, along with a shedload of spyware.

Norton is rank.

Am I literally the only person to have no trouble with Norton lol

You THINK you have no problem with it, but the shit will eventually hit the fan and your computer will blow up!

DEATH TO NORTON!!!

They all have there bad points and good points

I am pretty sure most of these companies invent trojans/spyware etc,just to lure you into the fact you need AV/FIREWALL,when most of the time,if you are just a basic PC user and keep off the naughty sites,you wont need anything at all apart from a firewall,which windows provides for free.

Remember,What one AV picks up as a trojan doesnt mean all the time that it is actually one,a lot will pick these "trojans" up as false postives,and they are mostly nmot harmful at all.Always Google for the problem first.

In fact,some spyware search app's,will tell you there is a "nasty virus" or whatever,and that it wil get rid of it for you

XoftSpy is/used to be a Fooker for that,that Bastard has built in so called spyware,even when you scan/remove,when you scan again,its still there.Crafty fookers.When you google search for the spyware you have apparently got,all that it comes up with is links for XoftSpy

heres a good place to start if you want some info and links for free stuff

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/292257

Archived