Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Eric Odhiambo

Indeed, he produced more in that 10-minute appearance than Dickov has all season.

Somehow though, in football, it never seems to be just about ability. Anyway, delighted for the lad and really hope his career blossoms. I'd like to say the same about Gradel, Porter and Cox in time.

I thought Inverness loan move was a wind-up, admits Caley Thistle rookie Eric Odhiambo

Feb 4 2009 By Aladtair Fraser

ERIC ODHIAMBO thought it was a wind-up when Leicester No.2 Craig Shakespeare asked if he fancied facing Celtic on live television.

That was on Friday but 48 hours later the 19-year-old hitkid was plunged into Caley Thistle's TV clash with the Hoops.

Odhiambo had only nine minutes on the park after replacing Dougie Imrie but still forced a fine save from Artur Boruc.

Terry Butcher swooped to capture the striker on loan soon after being installed as Inverness boss. He is scheduled to stay at the club until his Leicester contract expires in May but hopes to clinch a permanent deal.

Odhiambo, who had an injury-hit loan spell at Dundee United last season, said: "I can't believe how quickly it all happened after Craig approached me. I though it was a wind-up at first but I didn't need to be asked twice - it was a big compliment.

"I haven't really been getting games at Leicester so this is a chance to get first-team action. Terry has already told me there are places up for grabs so it's up to me."

Archived