Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Shens Mix

11. Release The Tether – The Pineapple Thief

Reminds me a bit of Tool maybe? Only going from memory of early teenage years, probably inaccurate.

:giggle: That comment did make me giggle :P If Tool ever did something with flutes and synths and as 'uplifting' as this, I'd be very very surprised :P

sitting through these can become a bit of a chore at times.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Glad you did find the time to review this and found something you liked :thumbup:

Sorry it's late Shen. Here goes anyway...

1. Mazurka – Abigail’s Ghost

Not really worth commenting on, although it was a nice little intro which preceeded the next track.

2. Temple – Demians

So far so good, liking the acoustic riff at the start. The bass is very tidy in it too. Steady if unspectacular, not bad at all.

3. Sane – Archive

Definitely very Kasabian-esque for me, which is certainly not a bad thing. I'd listen to this one again and enjoy it definitely, I just can't help thinking only of Kasabian when hearing it though! Good track anyway, liked it a lot.

4. Introducing Palace Players – Mew

Reminds me of somebody, but I'm really struggling to think who. I quite enjoyed it anyway, not a lot else to add due to the fact I was racking my brains trying to think who it reminded me of. Dammit Shen.

5. Moan (Trentemøller remix) – Trentemøller

Again, another one I really liked. If a lot of their other stuff is like this then I may well indulge further into Trentemøller. Any particularly recommended albums to go by? Sounds like something that would have fitted well onto my own mix, so this gets much approval from me.

6. Dropp – Autechre

I had to listen to this again as I totally forgot I was listening to it the first time. Just a bit weak really for me, not a great deal going on anywhere for it to really keep my attention.

7. 4 – Aphex Twin

Great stuff once again here, brilliant track.

8. Waves Of Time – Nosound

Much like track 6 really, although I'd go as far to say as even that one was more interesting than this.

9. Borgens Vor – Pure Reason Revolution

A poor first couple of minutes for me, but loved it when it got interesting after that. A much better wake up than the last track, this one will probably stay in the library to listen to again eventually.

10. Abandoner – Steven Wilson

Again, another one that didn't really keep my attention throughout the track at all. Nothing I'd probably ever choose to listen to again.

I remember these from your last mix actually, not bad. Interesting instrumental here, nothing really fancy that impressed me like Buckethead on Libertine's mix but it was alright nonetheless.

12. Dead Dogs An’ All Sorts – Oceansize

I thought I may have heard this one before, but then realised I probably hadn't. Doesn't do a great deal for me if I'm honest, but I prefer it to some of the more inconspicuous tracks here on the mix.

13. Hours Of Wealth – Opeth

I hate to keep writing that I forgot I was listening to the track, but I can't help it! Just another one that couldn't really keep my attention in all honesty, not that it was particularly bad from what I do remember of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may look a bad review here Shen, but there are a few tracks which I genuinely enjoyed (mostly the electronic ones on offer), and that's got to be a success still for me. Some of the tracks were just a little bland for me, but there was more than enough else for me to like to overcome this. Cheers, some moe to add to the library.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may look a bad review here Shen, but there are a few tracks which I genuinely enjoyed (mostly the electronic ones on offer), and that's got to be a success still for me.

Nah, I'm happy if there's something for everyone in it :)

[/b]Again, another one I really liked. If a lot of their other stuff is like this then I may well indulge further into Trentemøller. Any particularly recommended albums to go by? Sounds like something that would have fitted well onto my own mix, so this gets much approval from me.

Forgot this in the previous reply: Just look up a couple of posts, in reply to James. 'The Last Resort' is a lot more mellow and atmospheric than that track, but he's done a lot of 'action-packed' stuff like Moan. Most of them are EPs or single mixes, but you can PM me if you want more of him.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Mazurka – Abigail’s Ghost

i liked this, a bit quirky

2. Temple – Demians

a bit, sort of, there. didn't stop me and force me to listen

3. Sane – Archive

great bass, i liked this a lot

4. Introducing Palace Players – Mew

inoffensive, but didn't rock my world

nice sounding

6. Dropp – Autechre

sounded like a bit of a mess

7. 4 – Aphex Twin

not a massive aphex twin fan, except for 'milkman', and this hasn't converted me any further

8. Waves Of Time – Nosound

a bit dull, nice back ground music i guess

9. Borgens Vor – Pure Reason Revolution

excellent! (when it kicked in)

10. Abandoner – Steven Wilson

ok, but again, a bit back ground music-ish

not great

12. Dead Dogs An’ All Sorts – Oceansize

if the whole track sounded like the last minute, or so, it would've been fantastic!

13. Hours Of Wealth – Opeth

ok, until the singing started, he has the kind of voice that would make me kick him in the throat....no offence!

Archived