Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Wise Quits As Millwall Boss

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...el=Championship

Dennis Wise has stepped down as manager of Millwall following the final day of the Championship season.

The former England international brought the curtain down on his 18-month tenure at The Den following Sunday's 0-0 draw at home to Burnley.

Change are afoot at the club with Theo Paphitis leaving his role as Millwall chairman and his replacement will be Jeff Burnige.

There have been long-standing rumours that Wise and Burnige do not see eye-to-eye and this appears to have been borne out by the midfielder's decision to quit.

Upon announcing his resignation Wise said: "I've had a meeting with the new chairman, he told me his direction and I didn't agree."

Wise had been in charge of the capital outfit since October 2003 when he replaced Mark McGhee in the hot seat.

He took The Lions to the FA Cup final last season and the club enjoyed a brief flirtation in the Uefa Cup this term.

But Wise was unable to guide the club into the play-offs this season and, with a change of direction planned at The Den, he has decided to quit.

Archived