Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
davieG

Alan Rogers

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'M NOT LEAVING SAYS ROGERS

More News | Back to home page

Transfer-listed Forest defender Alan Rogers today stood firm, telling manager Gary Megson: "I"m going nowhere".

The 28-year-old was among five players Megson transfer listed following Forest"s relegation into League One.

But Rogers, who says he is happy at the club where he still has two years left on his contract, is determined to stay.

"I have been told that I have gone on the transfer list but I still have another two years on my contract," he said. "The ball is firmly in my court.

"I love being at Forest and think I have done well when I have played for the manager, setting up goals for the likes of Gareth Taylor.

"I think I have done all right but the only person who is going to decide when I leave is me and it is going to take something exceptional for me to go because I have still got two years left."

Rogers rejoined the Reds last summer after a successful loan spell which helped Joe Kinnear"s team avoid the drop.

Forest paid £2m for him from Tranmere in 1997 and he left after four years as the club tried to cut its wage bill.

Posted
Forest's answer to Craig Bellamy.  What an ego.  :rolleyes:

107287[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that.

If you were employed for a fixed term contract and had 2 years remaining, and your company wanted you to leave - and in all likelihood if you did leave you wouldn't get as good a job - would you go voluntarily? I doubt it.

Well done to Rogers I say.

He's sticking up for himself and will not be pushed about by the club who has brought about their own downfall.

If he's costing the club and bleeding them dry, they shouldn't have been so stupid to give him a 3 year contract on decent money. That's their own fault, so why should Rogers help them out. It's just like any employer-employee relationship to me.

Posted
Forest's answer to Craig Bellamy.  What an ego.  :rolleyes:

107287[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that.

If you were employed for a fixed term contract and had 2 years remaining, and your company wanted you to leave - and in all likelihood if you did leave you wouldn't get as good a job - would you go voluntarily? I doubt it.

Well done to Rogers I say.

He's sticking up for himself and will not be pushed about by the club who has brought about their own downfall.

If he's costing the club and bleeding them dry, they shouldn't have been so stupid to give him a 3 year contract on decent money. That's their own fault, so why should Rogers help them out. It's just like any employer-employee relationship to me.

107527[/snapback]

Wouldn't disagree with a word of that, Anish. I don't doubt his right to stand his ground, contract-wise. It was the brassneck he's displaying in coming out with statements to the effect of "I've played really well, me, setting up goals for the oh-so-prolific Taylor etc" just a week after they've been relegated, and as a regular player in the whole fiasco.

He just sounds like a bit of a prima donna who didn't think any part of the relegation was his fault. Not what Forest fans would want to hear, really.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...