Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ashfosse

Quick Question - Train Travel!

hello foxes!

when going to away games i always try to travel by train when possible. however when looking on train websites for tuesday or wednesday night fixtures, trains stop after 9.30 pm ish or sometimes earlier. there is the obvious option of foxes travel, but for me it doesn't provide a proper away day experience.

are there 'special' trains put on to accommodate for the away fans travelling back?

Cheers lads

UTF

Might not really be any help but a lot of people from Leicester go to Sheffield to go to uni, you got any mates up there? I'm staying up there at a mates and know at least 20 other people living there, it's crawling with our lot!

there won't be any special trains I wouldn't have thought, although trains from sheffield to leicester and back usually go on until quite late because that service is actually sheffield to St Pancras so it's two big trains every hour, I imagine they'll be a couple after sheff u.

There aren't.

The only way you can get back from Sheffield is via Derby, where you'll need to get off and then catch the airport shuttle bus outside the station.

It'll be expensive and take hours (I know cos I did it last year!) Is it really too much hassle to go with Foxes Travel?

There aren't.

The only way you can get back from Sheffield is via Derby, where you'll need to get off and then catch the airport shuttle bus outside the station.

It'll be expensive and take hours (I know cos I did it last year!) Is it really too much hassle to go with Foxes Travel?

there is a regular train from sheff to leicester that goes through derby that takes a couple minutes less than hour, I take it every few weeks.

What you did certainly isn't the only way mate.

my mistake, I usually get a weekend one and there has always been one after 10 which would be fine so i'd assumed a weekday would be fine.

just checked and there's one a few minutes before 9.40 and then one at half 11, but thats got two changes and inevitably there is a huge wait between one which means you dont get back til nearly 6am

Archived