Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Women's Footy

First it was Blatter now Johansson has joined in.

Are they serious?

Should they be in their positions of influence with these views?

If womens football went this way would they ever be taken seriously?

Will womens football ever be taken seriously?

What do you think?

Uefa president Lennart Johansson

FA hails Euro 2005 big success

Uefa president Lennart Johansson has expressed controversial views over the way women's football should be promoted on the back of Euro 2005.

Johansson believes sponsors must make the most of womens' physical attributes to drive the sport forward.

He told BBC Radio Five Live: "There are companies who could make use of a sweaty, lovely looking girl playing on the ground and it would sell."

Johansson said it might be the only way revenue could be increased in the game.

He added: "Otherwise they have to accept that the money that they ask for comes when the spectators are coming and when the sponsors are interested."

Johansson's comments follow a similar line to those made by Fifa president Sepp Blatter, who has previously claimed women should wear "tighter shorts".

He said: "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball. They could, for example, have tighter shorts.

"Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball.

"That decision was taken to create a more female aesthetic, so why not do it in fashion?"

Germany and Norway meet in the final of the European Championship at Ewood Park on Sunday.

Hmmmm, surely their skills should be promoted above anything else. How the hell is anyone supposed to take womens football seriously when pervy Johansson spouts shite like that tsk!

Are they serious?

Unfortunately Yes

Should they be in their positions of influence with these views?

An emphatic No from me - they are Heads of Football Associations not some some sex industry

If womens football went this way would they ever be taken seriously?

No, in fact for this sexiness to continue to make an impact it would need to get progressively more overt and blatant, blimey they'll want them pole dancing around the goalposts if they score, mmm there's a thought and that's exactly were it should stay.

Will womens football ever be taken seriously?

Well I've enjoyed the Women's Euro's, I've taken it as seriously as I would take any footbal, certainly' for me more seriouls than the 'Van' trophy - So Yes-given time the right development, promotion etc. However not if we continue to have jokers like this runnning football.

PS- for me women don't have to be dressed provocatively to be sexy, that can come from the look in their eye, the way they flick their hair, the way they stand and move, they don't have to run around with their arse exposed, as nice as it might be ;) .

Message to Blatter & Johansson - Resign Now please so that you have more time to visit the nearest sex/pole dancing club.

I'd play football in a crop top and hotpants the day the men wear spangly little thongs, and nothing else.

124212[/snapback]

lollollol

How stupid, would the technique and skill of the players increase if these changes were to be implemented?...no! It would lose quality as women would lose interest.

And besides would you really want to see some of the players in Tighter shorts!!!??? 'Female players are pretty' what a generalisation, there are some right big brunhildas involved. 'Pretty players' (like my Rachel lol) are in the minority.

Archived