Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dave_7

Does county cricket need 4 day matches

well thats the sillest thing ive ever heard test cricket should be like club cricket is here

bat for 8o overs/1 days play if team can last the day at end of day thats the end of their first inngings tests would only last 4 days then they could keep the last day spare in case of loss of play if light or rain has cost many overs that way making it a better chance of a outright result

it wont make a huge difference to the match results the ashes will still end 5-0.......

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

note i never said to whom the ashes will go to :unsure:

i was thinking about cricket and i thought 'do we need test cricket'. no one goes to watch it, and its boring, so why not make the 20-20 cup a league and replace test matches

124788[/snapback]

Yes, although there are too many 4-dayers in English county cricket. All the top players should be in League 1, with league 2 comprising just 2 and 3 day games. In addition, only one team should be promoted/relegated each season.

1-day cricket is distinct from the longer version. If England are ever going to be good at both, players need to play 1 and 4-day cricket, surely?

i was thinking about cricket and i thought 'do we need test cricket'. no one goes to watch it, and its boring, so why not make the 20-20 cup a league and replace test matches

124788[/snapback]

No one goes to the games?

All the ashes games were sold out before xmas, and usually most test matches against the larger nations are sold out.

Granted, Twenty20 and ODI's are loads more fun, but Test Cricket is where it all started.. and at the moment, wathcing Test Cricket as an England fan is a joy.

Guest freund

124788[/snapback]

No one goes to the games?

All the ashes games were sold out before xmas, and usually most test matches against the larger nations are sold out.

Granted, Twenty20 and ODI's are loads more fun, but Test Cricket is where it all started.. and at the moment, wathcing Test Cricket as an England fan is a joy.

124995[/snapback]

what are you on about. the test matches I have been to (ie. loads of england ones) have been much better atmosphere than one day matches.

to me 20-20 especially, and even one dayers just seem a pointless waste of time. test matches are where its at

no im tryin to say that it shouldnt be played at small club grounds as its a waste of time. at international level its good because u get full houses, but in the league ur lucky if 1/50 seats is taken

no im tryin to say that it shouldnt be played at small club grounds as its a waste of time. at international level its good because u get full houses, but in the league ur lucky if 1/50 seats is taken

125031[/snapback]

Yes but how would our players get practise at it?

125031[/snapback]

Yes but how would our players get practise at it?

125037[/snapback]

Exactly.

I think the County Championship but stay, but if you think about it, contracted ECB players are now with the England squad, and aren't playing County cricket at the moment anyway.

I think the County Championship but stay, but if you think about it, contracted ECB players are now with the England squad, and aren't playing County cricket at the moment anyway.

125207[/snapback]

Good call Lisa. I real feel for the counties that have Centrally contracted players, what's the point in having them for the odd game here and there!

As you say though, County Cricket should stay as it will bring the future test stars through.

Archived