Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chill Out It Was Only The League Cup

We haven't been knocked out of the League Cup by a lower league opposition since 1998... inevitably going to happen eventually. Didn't see any Man U calling for Fergie's head when they lost to Leeds in the FA cup. The manner of the defeat is obviously disappointing but think everyone has overreacted massively.

Well Pearson and Ferguson are in quite different situations..

We haven't been knocked out of the League Cup by a lower league opposition since 1998... inevitably going to happen eventually. Didn't see any Man U calling for Fergie's head when they lost to Leeds in the FA cup. The manner of the defeat is obviously disappointing but think everyone has overreacted massively.

Alright Martyn I have to correct you because we got knocked out by Crystal Palace in 2000 under Taylor but getting knocked out at home to Burton Albion and go 4-1 down that is pathetic.

But I agree with you this defeat has put unnecessary pressure on the players and pearson as 3 defeats in a row sounds a lot worse then two defeats where we should have got 6 points. Also I don't know if its just me growing up when we got to 3 out of 4 finals I think this club has a special relationship with the league cup even more so than the FA Cup as we do feel we can get all the way to the final and maybe even win it due to recent history. This is why the defeat is so hard to take.

but chin up what matters is how we recover from this now, and this will not only define the rest of the season but unfortunately inevitably decide pearsons future at the club.

Archived