Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chill Out It Was Only The League Cup

Good post KF..

However to be honest mate I see absolutely no reason, none whatsoever, why we shouldn't win both.

ie. why we couldn't win last night and the league game on Saturday.

Why on earth not?

Many people seem to be glossing over the fact that the team we put out last night, in most peoples eyes, was a strong eleven given the opposition.

I'm sat here thinking for the life of me, how anybody can say that last nights game was anything other than a huge let down for all involved.

Get to the third round and we could have had a decent away game to look forward to, now sadly lost.

Anyone remembering the MON days will know what I mean.

I consider it a sad indictment that people can so easily ignore the good that a cup run does for the players, the fans and the image of the club itself.

I'd wager if we won last night and won well, the dispondency that came thereafter would have turned (in some part) to happiness.

This is exactly what I mean.

Why can't we win every game? That's football, for every time we lose to Burton Albion, we have a giant killing of our own, Spurs, Norwich etc.

As for the MON days, do you mean like when we lost 3-1 to Grimsby, it happens.

Can anyone find highlights/goals of our game on the net?

Are you a Masochist? Try a Burton Albion forum, they will probably be full of them.

I agree with the OP. Yes it would have been nice to win and progress in the league cup but Im really not bothered we lost. Its just a poor mans FA Cup and the size of the crowd showed how unimportant it was to many fans. I bet an FA cup game would have had twice the attendance.

At the end of the day, it gave us an opportunity to try something different, give some players a chance to prove themselves and on this occasion it didnt work. Pearson was fuming, the players were ashamed and it will be changed for saturday. All this bollocks talk of Pearson get sacked etc - We arent even a month into the season fgs. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction ... its laughable!!!

Good post KF..

However to be honest mate I see absolutely no reason, none whatsoever, why we shouldn't win both.

ie. why we couldn't win last night and the league game on Saturday.

Why on earth not?

You need to get a grip Col and face the fact we aren't in the O'Neill era anymore, our team now is nowhere near as good as that plus we ain't even a Premier League side anymore.

We didn't win last night because the players didn't perform, our back up players were given the chance and most of them played shit.

We didn't win Saturday because luck wasn't on our side, sometimes luck comes between football matches, we were the better team and that is a huge positive, we played really well but luck wasn't on our side. Drinkwater and King were the better midfield pairing, when I wrote them off at the start of the match, like some other people did including yourself because putting Murphy and Etuhu up against Drinkwater and King, you instantly think we were going to get dominated, that wasn't the case.

Our first team is far better, and it has looked impressive over the first three league games, we beat Peterborough, we played well in parts against Charlton but missed a hatful of chances, and luck wasn't on our side against Blackburn, the defence even looked good against Blackburn, the midfield looked good and our strike force looked good, but sometimes you get those games where luck isn't on your side.

The team on Saturday will look entirely different to the one last night, I wouldn't expect to see one of St Ledger/Whitbread starting, Danns and James, Gallagher, Schlupp and Waghorn, that is basically the whole of midfield and a forward line.

Chill out Col, and if we lose on Saturday then pour out your anger, but last night due to us playing a much weaker side, yes it was embarrassing, but if you look at it from a different aspect I for one is not disappointed in the slightest.

The Capital One Cup is, for me, an opportunity to try out formations and teams you wouldn't necessarily try out in the league. This is especially true when you're drawn against lower league opposition; in short, it's a test of the depth of your squad and the versatility of your squad.

We failed that test massively last night and that to me is a concern.

You need to get a grip Col and face the fact we aren't in the O'Neill era anymore, our team now is nowhere near as good as that plus we ain't even a Premier League side anymore.

We didn't win last night because the players didn't perform, our back up players were given the chance and most of them played shit.

We didn't win Saturday because luck wasn't on our side, sometimes luck comes between football matches, we were the better team and that is a huge positive, we played really well but luck wasn't on our side. Drinkwater and King were the better midfield pairing, when I wrote them off at the start of the match, like some other people did including yourself because putting Murphy and Etuhu up against Drinkwater and King, you instantly think we were going to get dominated, that wasn't the case.

Our first team is far better, and it has looked impressive over the first three league games, we beat Peterborough, we played well in parts against Charlton but missed a hatful of chances, and luck wasn't on our side against Blackburn, the defence even looked good against Blackburn, the midfield looked good and our strike force looked good, but sometimes you get those games where luck isn't on your side.

The team on Saturday will look entirely different to the one last night, I wouldn't expect to see one of St Ledger/Whitbread starting, Danns and James, Gallagher, Schlupp and Waghorn, that is basically the whole of midfield and a forward line.

Chill out Col, and if we lose on Saturday then pour out your anger, but last night due to us playing a much weaker side, yes it was embarrassing, but if you look at it from a different aspect I for one is not disappointed in the slightest.

I don't need to do owt KF...

I'm saying it as I see it..

:thumbup:

Anyway... I've noticed you've changed your tune recently and suddenly become noticeably more 'toned down' and optimistic?

It wouldn't be to curry favour with more of the FT forum members would it? Just a thought?

:whistle:

I bet really, underneath you're seething and want to shout it from the rooftops? Really......

You care so much you watched that jimmy Mcgovern thing instead of listening to the second half.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/83358-burton-match-thread/page__st__180#entry2332360

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

I didn't go, or listen, I followed on FT, while watching SSN, but then I don't really give a shit about Burton in the League cup.

Excuse me!

It's a brilliant series and I've watched every one.

What are you trying to say? I can't have a view and be disappointed at the garbage that was trundled out last night because I didn't listen to the 2nd half?

You're going a little potty...

lol lol

You've made me piss miself... Stop it!!!

Excuse me!

It's a brilliant series and I've watched every one.

What are you trying to say? I can't have a view and be disappointed at the garbage that was trundled out last night because I didn't listen to the 2nd half?

You're going a little potty...

lol lol

You've made me piss miself... Stop it!!!

You're going on about how you much care about the League Cup, but you don't, you would rather watch TV instead, fair play, don't blame you, I did the same. So did the majority of the fans, only 8,000 in the stadium.

It is a tin pot competition that nobody cares about, so quite why this performance has nearly brought the FT server to its knees with all this demand, I don't know.

The Capital One Cup is, for me, an opportunity to try out formations and teams you wouldn't necessarily try out in the league. This is especially true when you're drawn against lower league opposition; in short, it's a test of the depth of your squad and the versatility of your squad.

We failed that test massively last night and that to me is a concern.

this is a million per cent the real disappointment of last night- No plan B when plan A doesn't work which to me is very worrying also!

Im concerned especially about our defensive unit as a whole! Morgan is the only that does not concern me! which for us to be playoff contenders is pathetic really!

Remember our back 4 when we last in the playoffs! Berner Hobbs, Brown,Morrison - all solid defenders

You're going on about how you much care about the League Cup, but you don't, you would rather watch TV instead, fair play, don't blame you, I did the same. So did the majority of the fans, only 8,000 in the stadium.

It is a tin pot competition that nobody cares about, so quite why this performance has nearly brought the FT server to its knees with all this demand, I don't know.

So now you claim to know my inner psyche?

It gets better.....

lol lol

I used to think I was argumentative, but you have taken the batton and taken it to an all new level the last few days. lol

What was the James song? ( one of my favourite bands but that's an aside)

'Born of frustration'......

At least I'm pleasant with it though Babs and don't claim to be Freud...

( can I have a rep point? Didn't even know what they were till yesterday?)

Go on... Gizzit...

lol

What was the James song? ( one of my favourite bands but that's an aside)

'Born of frustration'......

At least I'm pleasant with it though Babs and don't claim to be Freud...

( can I have a rep point? Didn't even know what they were till yesterday?)

Go on... Gizzit...

lol

You already have 754 of them, another one is just bloody greedy.

Some way off my 2045, but you know you can't beat them all.

I don't need to do owt KF...

I'm saying it as I see it..

:thumbup:

Anyway... I've noticed you've changed your tune recently and suddenly become noticeably more 'toned down' and optimistic?

It wouldn't be to curry favour with more of the FT forum members would it? Just a thought?

I bet really, underneath you're seething and want to shout it from the rooftops? Really......

If im really seething I wouldn't of bothered putting the effort in of making this thread.

I am nowhere near the point of shouting from the rooftops, im not a 14 year old kid who goes to the stadium with a couple of mates, sees the team play shit, get home then trash the place, rant about how shit we are, then start crying in my room.

I can make a good point from time to time, and Babylon has seen today that I am not as bad as people say, I come here to joke around and if something comes up, in which I think I want to talk about, or answer I will post my opinion whether it's a load of bollocks or not.

This forum can't be serious 24/7, you need to have a laugh once in a while, and with my Waghorn thread last night, I completely stand with what I put, but it was more on the joking side than anything, but some people seemed to enjoy it :)

You already have 754 of them, another one is just bloody greedy.

Some way off my 2045, but you know you can't beat them all.

I didn't even know?

lol

Big head... Bet as a mod you cheated and gave yourself half of em.

If im really seething I wouldn't of bothered putting the effort in of making this thread.

I am nowhere near the point of shouting from the rooftops, im not a 14 year old kid who goes to the stadium with a couple of mates, sees the team play shit, get home then trash the place, rant about how shit we are, then start crying in my room.

I can make a good point from time to time, and Babylon has seen today that I am not as bad as people say, I come here to joke around and if something comes up, in which I think I want to talk about, or answer I will post my opinion whether it's a load of bollocks or not.

This forum can't be serious 24/7, you need to have a laugh once in a while, and with my Waghorn thread last night, I completely stand with what I put, but it was more on the joking side than anything, but some people seemed to enjoy it :)

Good man!

That's a great post IMO.

Have a rep point!

How do I do it?

lol

Really don't get why people prioritise the league as much as they do. Chances of silverware, excitement and days out have to be the most important things to any football supporter surely? Not the chance to get shafted on and off the pitch (i.e. goals wise and ticket price/kick-off time wise) in the "Promised Land" lol lol lol every week should we get promotion?

Cups > League.

you see , pearson said the league cup meant alot , not us !! is he now a liar ?????? if they last night were benchwarmers playing for us , we can only admit our SQUAD isn't good enough . trouble is , there were a few 1ST teamers as well . no matter how much fans want to see past the 3 in a row loss by throwing nonsense facts for themselves to feel better , i see through them like others do. we are not a team in any form and with fans not happy at all on the managers case already (embarrassing but going to happen). this trait has been here a while , it needs to be ousted . whether pearson is sacked or not , changes need to start happening and quick if we are honest . look at the scorelines predicted for last nights game , then look at the predictions for promotion , not much different if you,re honest .

Really don't get why people prioritise the league as much as they do. Chances of silverware, excitement and days out have to be the most important things to any football supporter surely? Not the chance to get shafted on and off the pitch (i.e. goals wise and ticket price/kick-off time wise) in the "Promised Land" lol lol lol every week should we get promotion?

Cups > League.

I agree to some extent, but how do we hope to win the cup (and I mean the real one, the one people care about) with Championship players?

It's just unrealistic.

Oi Col look at Kingfox and his 143 rep points... snigger lol

I think he got one for calling me a **** or something though so that should at least count as double!! :D

Im happy with 9 from this today, one of which is from you of all people.

Personally I still think your a **** but nevermind ;)lol

I just want us to turn a corner :(

Archived