Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Chill Out It Was Only The League Cup

I don't get the "its only the League Cup"... I want us to win every game, and I expect us to beat lower league teams. What about if we got to the final like Cardiff, and maybe won it, doesn't it count because its only the "league cup". And what about Martin's achievements, do they not count?

And what about Martin's achievements, do they not count?

Course they flaming count, but unlike in 2000 it's very unlikely we will win the League Cup, we don't have Martin O'Neill anymore, we don't have players which were as good as Elliott, Taggart, Guppy, Izzet, Heskey etc...

It's only the League Cup, yes I would of liked us to have a bit of a run but im not disappointed that we are out, unlike I would be if it was the FA Cup, or we got beat 4-2 in a league game.

Course they flaming count, but unlike in 2000 it's very unlikely we will win the League Cup, we don't have Martin O'Neill anymore, we don't have players which were as good as Elliott, Taggart, Guppy, Izzet, Heskey etc...

It's only the League Cup, yes I would of liked us to have a bit of a run but im not disappointed that we are out, unlike I would be if it was the FA Cup, or we got beat 4-2 in a league game.

Ok, was only a question like. I just disagreed with the majority of the thread kingfox, that's all. I don't disagree with many of your posts do I? You never know though, who would have expected Cardiff to make last year's final?

FA Cup is better though, I agree with that.

Totally disagree with OP.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that these so called fringe players had a chance to prove something and get into Saturdays team.

The reaction says to me that they couldnt give 2 fcuks and are just happy getting their wages for sitting on the bench(or some not even that)

Surely its all about being a Squad of players,hungry for succesc in ANY competition....Are we not the same Leicester City Fc who won this a couple of times???

Next thing we know we'll be out the FA cup to some tin pot(no disrespect to any club) and we'll just brush it under the carpet eh lads???

Mind you we've not done well in the Cup comps of late but look at us fly in the League....oh hang on......

Worse things happen at sea.... and Romania.

A cash-strapped Romanian second division side, CS Buftea, paid the price for fielding a side of teenagers when they were thumped 31-0 by the third-tier ACS Berceni in a Romanian cup match.

Buftea celebrated promotion to the second division in May, but a team containing predominantly under-19 players were on the wrong end of an avalanche of goals in the fourth preliminary round match.

Buftea, located 20km north-west of capital Bucharest, had hoped to improve after a tough first half in which they conceded 12 goals – but after half-time they let in another 19. Local media reported the loss as a record defeat in Romanian football.

The victorious ACS Berceni president Stephen Stana said the experience had left him feeling uncomfortable. "I'm ashamed to tell you the score. But it's not our fault that they disregarded the competition."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/29/romanian-club-beaten-31-0

Honest?

Yes I do absolutely..

As I said before the game I love a good cup run.

Last night would have put us in the third round and then anything could have happened.

There's no point being in at tournament if you don't want to progress in it

I remember well the cup runs we had under MON.. Great fun and I'm convinced the buoyancy we got from them did us good in the league too.

Sadly distant memories...

You be honest.. Are you really so accepting of mediocrity that you don't even want to do well in the cup?

It is different now in football. Any top 10 premiership team would rape us silly in the final. Hence what's the point in getting tired and injured players playing Burton ffs?

It is different now in football. Any top 10 premiership team would rape us silly in the final. Hence what's the point in getting tired and injured players playing Burton ffs?

Did you read the pre match thread?

I said I wouldn't want to play many of the first team for exactly the reasons you've just stated.

Some people said they'd play their first eleven to keep consistency and improve confidence.

However, this don't mean I didn't want us to win last nights game because I do love a good cup run.

And if course we should have won it with the side we put out. Or at least put on a better showing.

What?

If we get a lower league team in the cup, we have a chance of getting through to the next round. If we would have won yesterday, for example, we would now be in the hat for the next round and could potentially draw a club like Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal or Liverpool. I would think a lot of fans would want to go to these games, which would mean more money for the club and us fans getting to see quality, International players.

I want us to win every game. Cup games, against lower league teams, are a chance to win, make the team gel and build moral. This could lead to us pushing on in league games, especially considering we lost the last two league games.

"Players getting tired" - well that's a comment I hate. They are footballers, its their job. They should be fit. They play two games a week and train for three hours a day. You know there's some people who rarely get sleep and have to save people's lives? "Injured players" - this is why we have a squad.

You cannot say a Premier League team would 'rape' us either. It's the cup, anything can happen, as sadly proved last night. Liverpool didn't hammer Cardiff, and I seem to recall the likes of Leeds, Reading and Barnsley all winning at Manchester United, Everton and Liverpool respectively.

Not for one minute would I ever want Leicester City to lose a game, and I cannot believe you would suggest that.

What?

If we get a lower league team in the cup, we have a chance of getting through to the next round. If we would have won yesterday, for example, we would now be in the hat for the next round and could potentially draw a club like Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal or Liverpool. I would think a lot of fans would want to go to these games, which would mean more money for the club and us fans getting to see quality, International players.

I want us to win every game. Cup games, against lower league teams, are a chance to win, make the team gel and build moral. This could lead to us pushing on in league games, especially considering we lost the last two league games.

"Players getting tired" - well that's a comment I hate. They are footballers, its their job. They should be fit. They play two games a week and train for three hours a day. You know there's some people who rarely get sleep and have to save people's lives? "Injured players" - this is why we have a squad.

You cannot say a Premier League team would 'rape' us either. It's the cup, anything can happen, as sadly proved last night. Liverpool didn't hammer Cardiff, and I seem to recall the likes of Leeds, Reading and Barnsley all winning at Manchester United, Everton and Liverpool respectively.

Not for one minute would I ever want Leicester City to lose a game, and I cannot believe you would suggest that.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Weren't Cardiff in the final only last season?

Ok they didn't win it but I bet their fans enjoyed a nice little day out to Wembley.

Are we that low in expectation that we really can't even envisage a decent cup run? Not even in the league cup?

The highlight of the whole of last season was the FA Cup run for Gods sake!

The win at Norwich bring the best game I've been to for bloody ages!

Grrrrrrrrr City fans!

Why can't we win every game? That's football, for every time we lose to Burton Albion, we have a giant killing of our own, Spurs, Norwich etc.

As for the MON days, do you mean like when we lost 3-1 to Grimsby, it happens.

We havent lost to a side below the top 2 divisions for 15 years I believe Grimsby were a 1st division side at the time and we had only 9 men for quitea time a bit different from Tuesday

Are you a Masochist? Try a Burton Albion forum, they will probably be full of them.

It's not about winning the whole thing. It's about getting confidence and players coming into the league games having properly tested themselves in competitive matches.

The seasons a marathon not a sprint it's all about the endurance and push later on. You don't want to peak too soon. We need to give 110% and see where that gets us. Maybe if we had started the season too well it wouldnt have been the leicester way. we are always the underdogs lads.

Need to support the boys on saturday the are human after all and we need them to cover every single blade of grass to beat holloways blackpool. At the end of the day goals win games, but we can't be needing 5 goals to win every game.

Sorry about the cliches

Jack Berrisford

We haven't been knocked out of the League Cup by a lower league opposition since 1998... inevitably going to happen eventually. Didn't see any Man U calling for Fergie's head when they lost to Leeds in the FA cup. The manner of the defeat is obviously disappointing but think everyone has overreacted massively.

Archived