Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Albums that haven't aged well

So after seeing the hives on jools holland at new year, I had a huge nostalgia rush for some 'the' bands I liked back in the early naughtiest. Being a bit pissed I went and bought some CDs on amazon to relive these times.

The hives, the datsuns, the vines, the strokes, The coral, the d4 and jet (I realise they aren't a 'the' band but it snook in there anyway).

Most of the albums I have thoroughly enjoyed once more but i found the vines and datsuns albums pretty disappointing once you took away a hit song or 2 but I remember these Bering my favourites back in the day. I remember NME taking a break from claiming they had found the new saviours of rock and roll for 1 issue to unstead claim the vines were the new Nirvana - they clearly weren't.

Just wondered what other albums are out there that time hasn't been kind to!

I think there is a process where you start hating anything you liked 8-10 years ago, but you can then start quite liking again later. I remember giving away all my PSB 12" and much of my Depeche Mode in the early 90s and right now stuff like The Automatic and The Bravery which I have but I'm wondering why. Even bands I really like, like Foo Fighters, In Your Honor never gets an airing, but Wasting Light, hell yeah!

Archived