Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

I Don't Understand.

First to start I like Nigel Pearson. I like that he has sorted out the club since he left and we became a bit of shambles. I like that he doesn't take shit and appears to be a straight up person. I like on the whole how we have performed with him in charge this season.

But what I don't understand or like is how he can be so pig ignorant and refuse to accept when he is wrong.

We currently have 1 LB in the squad and have a young player in Schlupp (who we have seen has real potential in that position) at Man Utd. Now for me if you know that you are gonna be without back up at LB, you give yourself the option of having a more mobile centre back who can cover RB aka Sean St Ledger so that if Konchesky get's injured you can move De Laet to LB and bring St Ledger on and we still have a solid defence. Instead you put Zak Whitbread on the bench who can only play CB and you stick Lloyd Dyer at LB and basically throw him to the wolves. Watching Lloyd Dyer play today was awful, and it entirely wasn't his fault. I actually felt really bad for him. He had no idea what he was doing, couldn't keep the shape of the back 4 and was an absolute liability, again through no fault of his own.

Now Pearson when asked the question about this threw the question back in Stringer's face, "yeah we had left winger at left back, well we've had a striker at left back before this season". Yes Nigel very mature.

Secondly when asked about tactics he flat out lied. "Well we created enough chances to win the game tonight but again we didn't convert".

This was complete bullshit. We got completely overran in the midfield, Drinkwater and King did what they could to try and compete against 3 in midfield but we simply didn't give them enough options to play and create chances. That is why we had to resort to long ball hoofs and try and feed off the scraps. When a team plays 3 in midfield the only time you can play 2 against them and control the game is if your 2 CM's are much better players than the opposition's CM. This hasn't been the case for us for the majority of the season, hence why when we have come up against teams with 3 in the centre of midfield we have struggled.

I don't understand how the manager will not admit when he is wrong and don't understand when he clearly refuses to adapt his tactics to how the game is unravelling. Top managers such as Ferguson, Moyes, Mourinho etc admit when they have got things wrong and look to change shape, tactics and personnel in order to get the game won, perfect example was tonight when Mourinho brought Modric on and change formation and Real Madrid won 2-1 (yes I know the red card helped but you understand my point).

What I don't understand is comparing Pearson to mouriniho and fergie completely different managers at different clubs and different situations.

On your point I don't think he has made too many mistakes everyone bleats on about no plan bout when he tries something new injecting some pace onto the left hand side he gets slated. FFP means a lot of players will have to move on and we have to balance the books, we can't have a dream team on the bench!!

As a championship player given the chance at Utd you have to give him the opportunity, we have got far more out of united than they have from us!

On the chances created answer simply we did, the game was drawn and we missed a couple of chances therefore we created enough to win the game.

Stop looking for every opportunity to have a go at the best manager we've had here in years

What I don't understand is comparing Pearson to mouriniho and fergie completely different managers at different clubs and different situations.

On your point I don't think he has made too many mistakes everyone bleats on about no plan bout when he tries something new injecting some pace onto the left hand side he gets slated. FFP means a lot of players will have to move on and we have to balance the books, we can't have a dream team on the bench!!

As a championship player given the chance at Utd you have to give him the opportunity, we have got far more out of united than they have from us!

On the chances created answer simply we did, the game was drawn and we missed a couple of chances therefore we created enough to win the game.

Stop looking for every opportunity to have a go at the best manager we've had here in years

In-fecking-deed!

Archived