Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

What time was it when sven was sacked

IF Brighton win tonight & we beat them on saturday we're 1pt outside the playoffs... if they fail to win tonight and IF we beat them we're in the playoffs

We have a bunch of other rivals to play too

It's in our own hands... the season certainly isn't over!!!!

Chopping & changing over the summer & season of transition followed by yet another sacking is the last thing this club needs, but the only thing vocal ****** seem to want

CC - I have always been a Pearson admirer; I haven't really criticised him at all during both his tenures. Of course, it is possible to get in to the play offs, of course it is possible to get promotion but what I have seen has led me to believe that I don't want promotion this season as we are not ready. For me it would be better to grow organically as Cardiff have done. We looked like doing that this season but our recent form has been some of the worst I have experienced since my first supporting days of 1981 and is the form of a freefalling relegation bound club in crisis not that of a club with a stable assured attitude towards success.

The question for me is not one of the short term (i.e promotion this season) but is one of a longer term plan for longevity in the top flight. Now, can NP turn this around and gain us promotion next season with an automatic spot and some great football to boot? Well, back in January I would have said it is possible. Now I am thinking that something has gone totally wrong behind the scenes. I honestly can't ever recall a swing in fortunes to the negative that I have seen this past 8 weeks. It may not be NP's fault but if we require a change in management to secure promotion next season then so be it.

yes, we could wait until the end of the season but then we would have to appoint a new manager whilst into the summer, he would have to settle in and judge players by training sessions and not real match time and then he would have to enter the transfer market as a later stage too which would have a greater negative impact on the start of the season than making a change now. A change of manager now is admittance that we are not good enough to go up yet and is actually looking at next season - so is actually less of a short term knee jerked reaction.

yes, we could wait until the end of the season but then we would have to appoint a new manager whilst into the summer, he would have to settle in and judge players by training sessions and not real match time and then he would have to enter the transfer market as a later stage too which would have a greater negative impact on the start of the season than making a change now. A change of manager now is admittance that we are not good enough to go up yet and is actually looking at next season - so is actually less of a short term knee jerked reaction.

We could just do it after the last game so in effect he has more or less as much time as Pearson would have done. I'd be very surprised if plans weren't being made about possible replacements all the time in the back of owners' minds and I'm always surprised when managers are sacked and then 3/4 weeks before the new guy arrives. Surely when you sack someone you have a shortlist prepared?

The bit in bold is actually for me the main reason why NP should get at least to the end of the season. Do we really want a manager coming in and having to find out about the players straight away in real match time rather than having a summer and pre-season to formulate opinion. I'm not sure I want a stranger to the squad taking over and being thrown in to some vital six pointers whilst not knowing the best tactics, formations, personalities within the side etc.

If we were gonna do it this season it should have been in the International break where at least he would have some time to judge the players and the squad and go to Portugal with them and re-group and just get to know each other a bit. Jettisoning in somebody now would be pointless IMO and we'd be better off sticking with the guy that got us into the play-off places in the first place.

EDIT: Providing he hasn't lost the dressing room (which I don't think he has because he does usually seem to knit tight squads together with generally high levels of team spirit). If the players have turned against NP then there would be no point swimming up tide and persisting with him.

Archived