Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Captain Pancake Face Alive and Well

I think it was Mark Twain that came out with the line, 'The rumours about my death have been grossly exaggerated'

I believe he put it in a newspaper column after seeing it in the death column. I suppose that was the equivalent of Twitter in those days.

Something the other day about a writer who was in a room and overheard someone mention his name in relation to a death.

They were saying what a lovely man etc

He went up to them and said yes I agree and its even more of a shock when the said dead person is standing here talking to you.'

Not sure how I would take something similar. I'd like to think I could make some witty remark then forget it regardless of why the rumour started.

As soon as it was posted I thought back to the Sergio Hellings thread. I think we can all agree that the thread about Shrappers was very rash at best. If you're going to start a thread like that in good faith you should be at least posting where you're getting your info from in the original post unless 100% sure.

Perhaps no harm came from it on this occassion but that was down to luck more than judgement I'd suggest. It could be that Shrappers did know people on here but maybe they don't use facebook or twitter and don't speak to him every day. Had they then heard something on here that he had died it might have caused them some worry.

It's not a very funny 'joke' anyway.

Archived