Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Levein's Midas touch

The fact is we haven't had a settled side for years. Levein has talked about this and said it needs rectifying, but he's then been out and signed 10 players himself so although these players are better than the previous batch, we still have the problem that there's no continuity or rapport there. That takes time and i'm trying to be realistic. It's hard to use excuses like this though, the fact is on paper our team is one of the strongest in the league and that indicates that if we aren't up there near the top then we are under achieveing and the blame lies with the manager for not getting the best out of the players.

I think that it won't do this club any harm to stay in this league for however long it takes to build a team worthy of getting promotion. Aslong as we improve each season i'll be happy. It's the time in between games like today where it gets frustrating but once match day comes along i'll be as positive and passionate as i've always been. I just want to start enjoying watching Leicester and i'm starting to do that under Levein.

152553[/snapback]

It's been painful watching City's televised matches recently, that's for sure, but they certainly seemed to have something about em this time. A bit of pace, mobility and cohesion - not to mention being able to pass the ball crisply and accurately.

We just need to make a habit of winning as well. Perhaps when it comes we won't be able to stop cos a lot of it is about belief.

There's some good posts in here, it what this forum should be about so thanks toThracian for initiating the debate. I also agree with Thracian and if I remember correctly from last season Anish (sorry if I'm wrong) it also fits in with what I was try to say to Lush, I trust Levein, but it's not blind trust, he will make mistakes and we have a right, nay a duty to criticise if we feel the need. In fact it demonstrates passion and a commitment to the cause that is LCFC, it doesn't, as some have implied make one a less valued or intelligent supporter. People see different things in a game of football, how often do you get a unanamous verdict for man of the match - I'd guess at never, it doesn't mean people are wrong just that they have different expectations, needs and they see things differently that's why life is full of variety why we fancy different women/men or both ;) .

So let the debate continue, sure criticise those that criticise try to be constructive, not always easy particularly with politics.

Here endeth todays sermon. :D

PS Chandler's probably supporting Cov now :unsure:

Douglas: 2/10 Just wholly unconvincing. Celtic barely need a keeper so he's been spoiled and Scotland have had a diabolical team for years.

Maybury: 8/10. Looks great. Hard-working, committed, capable and probably captain material. 

McCarthy: 6/10: Combative but so hands-on, committed and compulsive he always looks likely to drop a clanger. 

Johansson: 7/10: Looks a good defender generally.

Gilbert: 4/10. Cannot see any merit in his signing at all and can't see much merit in his game either

Gerrbrand: 6/10. Early days but seems alright.

Sylla: 7/10. Quick, skillful. If he's got the stamina and end product should be excellent. 

Henderson: 5/10. Not convincing.

Kisnorbo: 0/0. Will he ever play?

Elvis: 0/0. Nothing of note to judge him on yet.

DeVries: 6/10. Creative. Nicew touch player. Hasn't functioned as a striker.

152345[/snapback]

douglas 5/10

maybury 9/10

macarthy 7/10

johanson 7/10

gilbert 3/10

gerrbrand 6/10

sylla 8/10

henderson 5/10

MDv 3/10

At the end of Adams era, us fans were crying out for a manager who would come in and completely re-build this club. Everything Micky Adams did I despised other than the fact he got us promotion.

The majority of fans wanted to see younger players and a different style of football, alot of fans even said they could handle us losing if it meant we had a batch of players who fought for the cause. Since Levein has taken over there has been the emergence of Richard Stearman, Alan Sheehan and the mighty James Wesolowski. Without Levein I don't think these lads would have been given a chance yet. they have proved that age doesn't matter and hat's off to Levein. He's also signed some excellent younger players, with an ambition to succeed. Our style of play has gone from a direct and predictable struggle, to a pressing and fluent passing game.

It's a pleasure to watch Leicester at the minute, even though results last season weren't what this club deserves. I'm still prepared to watch us play like this and not rip this league apart, than get some other wannabee chancer in who'll **** this club up again. It will take time to sort this club out, a steady improvement each season is what this club is targeting and i'm buying in to that bastard.

Craig Levein, Winning Machine.

Archived