Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Brussels Foxes

Dare I ask?  :sweating:

There are foxes in Brussels! I have a fair few friends in Brussels through my girlfriend who used to live there. I have never been but have booked the Eurostar today for us to go in May - we have been together 4 years and apparently it is well over due! She is Irish but Brussels appears to be her 'spiritual home' and so me having never been is something I have to put right! She goes there all the time. That is as close as I get mate. Sorry. If I ever end up there when Leicester are playing then I will know who to contact! How did you end up being a Leicester fan in Brussels?

There are foxes in Brussels! I have a fair few friends in Brussels through my girlfriend who used to live there. I have never been but have booked the Eurostar today for us to go in May - we have been together 4 years and apparently it is well over due! She is Irish but Brussels appears to be her 'spiritual home' and so me having never been is something I have to put right! She goes there all the time. That is as close as I get mate. Sorry. If I ever end up there when Leicester are playing then I will know who to contact! How did you end up being a Leicester fan in Brussels?

Approx what age is she? Did she go to school in Brussels?

Grew up in the city and go there once or twice a year.

Approx what age is she? Did she go to school in Brussels?

Grew up in the city and go there once or twice a year.

Then I am probably giving too much away  :thumbup:  I will PM you.

They're actually 2 different things(and you're going to wish you didn't ask - I'd stop reading now if I were you):

Being a Leicester fan came from my grandfather who was pretty much the only member of my family to show any true interest in me playing football even though he lived in Leicester and we lived all the way down in Surrey.  Oddly my mother wanted me to be a Chelsea fan because apparently that's who her family supports, but it was Granddad who would always be up for a kickabout in the garden. No brainer.

As for moving to Brussesl: My father got a job here 11 years ago so we had to move.  My sisters soon ****ed off and got degrees, decent jobs, and rich charismatic boyfriends. I tried that(minus the boyfriends) and ended up with 5 years completely shat down the drain bouncing from course to course while unsuccessfully competing with self-crippling depression. All culminating in no degree, fvck all to put on a CV, and having to move back home.  Over a year later and I'm just about getting along in a job at the English shop which barely allows me move out of my parents' lush but psychosis inducing pad into a cramped apartment with 3 other guys.  Needless to say this season has been an extremely welcome distraction from a lot of bullshit.

Told you you'd wish you hadn't asked.  :whistle:

I thought that the English Shop had closed down? I have never been but I remember overhearing a conversation between some friends who live there that said something like that - one was unhappy about it and the other couldn't give a fiddlers.

Looks like you are not having the best of times of it mate but at least you have something to cheer about with the football! I think that must be seen as a predictor of everything else going right for you! Could be worse; you could be a Forest fan!

I thought that the English Shop had closed down? I have never been but I remember overhearing a conversation between some friends who live there that said something like that - one was unhappy about it and the other couldn't give a fiddlers.

Looks like you are not having the best of times of it mate but at least you have something to cheer about with the football! I think that must be seen as a predictor of everything else going right for you! Could be worse; you could be a Forest fan!

Amen to that!

But yeah, the shop's been going strong for about 16 years or so, we've even got an English Tea Room now.  lol  Maybe you're thinking of a different shop?

Amen to that!

But yeah, the shop's been going strong for about 16 years or so, we've even got an English Tea Room now.   lol  Maybe you're thinking of a different shop?

tbf I am basing it on an overheard conversation and know nothing. Will look it up when I get to Brussels in May. 

Archived