Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Gun scare at QPR

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4149692.stm

Gun scare at QPR football match

Armed police were called to the ground of football team Queen's Park Rangers after a club director reportedly had a gun put to his head.

Eleven men were arrested in or near the Loftus Road stadium, west London, after director Gianni Paladini was allegedly threatened during Saturday's game.

The incident happened near the club's boardroom at about 1500 BST (1400 GMT).

Officers arrested the men following reports that a group had threatened to kill a man and a woman, police said.

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that Hammersmith police have launched an investigation following an incident at QPR football ground.

"Police were called to reports that a number of men had threatened a man and a woman with threats to kill and then left the premises."

Armed officers were deployed and a total of 11 men arrested, she said.

"Some were arrested inside the ground and some were arrested outside. Our enquiries continue."

Mr Paladini was later taken to Hammersmith Police Station.

The former football agent bought his stake in the club in May 2004.

He lives in London with his English wife Olga and his business portfolio includes several nightclubs.

QPR won their game against their Championship rivals Sheffield United, 2-1.

Gun scare at QPR football match

The former football agent bought his stake in the club in May 2004.

He lives in London with his English wife Olga and his business portfolio includes several nightclubs.

QPR won their game against their Championship rivals Sheffield United, 2-1.

I bet it was something to do with his nightclubs :ph34r:

Shame Warnock didnt get shot  :angry:

i hate that cheating man.

11 people arrested must have been quite major then  :huh:

156371[/snapback]

That's a bit harsh john, as much as none of us like Warnock, he hasn't done anything that warrants being shot when you compare it to real (non-footballing) issues in the world.

That's a bit harsh john, as much as none of us like Warnock, he hasn't done anything that warrants being shot when you compare it to real (non-footballing) issues in the world.

156390[/snapback]

i didnt mean it literally. i was just pointing out the fact i dont like Neil Warnock :):angry:

Archived