Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

In 5 years time

Sadly, I think you're right. If we carry on like this, it's only a matter of time before a bigger club takes NP off us.

Where we are in 5 years time will almost certainly depend on how good the next managerial appointment(s) turn out to be.

One of the things that I really like about Pearson is that he's a cut above practically every other current manager in the business. He's well aware of his own abilities, and he's doubtless ambitious, but if the owners support him I think he could be here for a long time even if we are a roaring success and other clubs come knocking. If we win a couple of cups (I would love us to win the FA Cup before I pop my clogs) and are closing in on a European place, why would he go elsewhere?

And with that, Pearson was headhunted by Cardiff and was never seen again...

One of the things that I really like about Pearson is that he's a cut above practically every other current manager in the business. He's well aware of his own abilities, and he's doubtless ambitious, but if the owners support him I think he could be here for a long time even if we are a roaring success and other clubs come knocking. If we win a couple of cups (I would love us to win the FA Cup before I pop my clogs) and are closing in on a European place, why would he go elsewhere?

And with that, Pearson was headhunted by Cardiff and was never seen again...

I hope you're right. I've been a big fan of NP since his first season here, and it would be great if he could stay for as long as possible.

However, I don't like to get my hopes up, and I do fear that, even if NP does lead us to another MON-scale glory era, there would be a real danger that he might well feel he'd have taken us as far as he thought we could go, and that he'd want to leave for a bigger challenge.

I suppose there's not really any point worrying about this right now, though, for a few reasons.

On the upside, I like to think the owners have learnt a lot during their time here, and I'm sure that they'd know exactly what type of manager to look for should the worst happen.

Anyway, it's important to enjoy the good times while they're here, as we know all too well. I'm so excited about this season. I feel like an addict between matches!

Archived