Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

When Will We Play Our Strongest 11?

Kasper

De Laet   - Moore - Morgan   - Konch

Cambiasso

James             Drinkwater

Mahrez             Ulloa                    Vardy

Vardy and Mahrez switching sides, playing more as a front 3 than 2 wide men though we have seen both Vardy and Mahrez do an excellent job out wide this season. People saying 'don't play Vardy out of position'.. If he didn't play 'out of position' against United it would be quite possible that we would have lost the game.

My problem with this is the right hand side in front of De Laet, as with all season it has failed to track back effectively which has put the spot light straight on De Laet. I think Richie has had a good start to the season, yes he has made a few mistakes but going forward he has been unplayable at times! Simpson will get his chance, but for me... I don't think it should be yet.

Cambiasso out of the picture last weekend showed how much we need him, on and off the ball he is 100% a starter for me. He bosses the midfield, breaks up play and retains possession very well and vocally he is commanding making sure everyone is doing their job.

All I can say about Nugent is all anyone can say.... "He Works Hard"... I would work hard for half his wages in a Leicester Shirt... 'Working hard' is not good enough to be a Premiership Player... He lacks a killer finish, positioning, pace, strength... You need at least 1 stand out attribute to be able to cut the mustard in the Premiership I'm afraid.

Schlupps a good option on the bench. He has explosive pace and good to come on winning or losing as he can attack and defend. He would scare a tired defender. But, hes not got enough composure to be a starter for me and Mahrez gets the nod over him.

The midfield 3 kinda picks itself, Hammond has been bang in form but still an average player. Deserved to stay in the team because of his form and James' fitness.. But now James is back to full fitness he has got to start, he's versatile in the fact he is a solid holding midfielder, and can get forward and create chances.. That's what Hammond lacks. Hammond would be good to bring on for a tired Cambiasso, or bring him on for Drinkwater to see a game out if need be.

Powell is still one I think will break into the starting line up given his chance. He can play the role Nugent played sitting behind Ulloa if we chose that formation. Shakey seems to be impressed with his game against Villa, said he did well on and off the ball. I seen him at Crewe when I lived there and I knew, just watching him, he would become something special.

Its plain to see though, the way we are going to win games this season is to play at a high tempo and all out attack. We don't have enough ability(probably experience at this level) at the minute to retain possession against Premiership opposition. We need to be direct and not give them a second to breath, Hit them on the counter every time they loose the ball and we will win games in an attractive manner.

• 2 weeks later...

I think eventually our strongest team will be

Schmeichal

Simpson

Morgan

Upson

Konchesky

Mahrez

James

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Nugent

Ulloa

A team without Vardy in it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you watch him last season? DId you see him against Man Utd?

Jesus

A team without Vardy in it?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you watch him last season? DId you see him against Man Utd?

Jesus

Yes I did and he tore Man Utds defence to shread that ONE game but at the moment we are trying to accomodate him and its not working therefore he is best coming off the bench when the opposition defenders are running on empty

Yes I did and he tore Man Utds defence to shread that ONE game but at the moment we are trying to accomodate him and its not working therefore he is best coming off the bench when the opposition defenders are running on empty

No we are not. We are trying to accommodate Cambiasso.

Vardy should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

How do you mean we are trying to accommodate Vardy?

Kasper

De Laet   - Moore - Morgan   - Konch

Cambiasso

James             Drinkwater

Mahrez             Ulloa                    Vardy

Vardy and Mahrez switching sides, playing more as a front 3 than 2 wide men though we have seen both Vardy and Mahrez do an excellent job out wide this season. People saying 'don't play Vardy out of position'.. If he didn't play 'out of position' against United it would be quite possible that we would have lost the game.

My problem with this is the right hand side in front of De Laet, as with all season it has failed to track back effectively which has put the spot light straight on De Laet. I think Richie has had a good start to the season, yes he has made a few mistakes but going forward he has been unplayable at times! Simpson will get his chance, but for me... I don't think it should be yet.

Cambiasso out of the picture last weekend showed how much we need him, on and off the ball he is 100% a starter for me. He bosses the midfield, breaks up play and retains possession very well and vocally he is commanding making sure everyone is doing their job.

All I can say about Nugent is all anyone can say.... "He Works Hard"... I would work hard for half his wages in a Leicester Shirt... 'Working hard' is not good enough to be a Premiership Player... He lacks a killer finish, positioning, pace, strength... You need at least 1 stand out attribute to be able to cut the mustard in the Premiership I'm afraid.

Schlupps a good option on the bench. He has explosive pace and good to come on winning or losing as he can attack and defend. He would scare a tired defender. But, hes not got enough composure to be a starter for me and Mahrez gets the nod over him.

The midfield 3 kinda picks itself, Hammond has been bang in form but still an average player. Deserved to stay in the team because of his form and James' fitness.. But now James is back to full fitness he has got to start, he's versatile in the fact he is a solid holding midfielder, and can get forward and create chances.. That's what Hammond lacks. Hammond would be good to bring on for a tired Cambiasso, or bring him on for Drinkwater to see a game out if need be.

Powell is still one I think will break into the starting line up given his chance. He can play the role Nugent played sitting behind Ulloa if we chose that formation. Shakey seems to be impressed with his game against Villa, said he did well on and off the ball. I seen him at Crewe when I lived there and I knew, just watching him, he would become something special.

Its plain to see though, the way we are going to win games this season is to play at a high tempo and all out attack. We don't have enough ability(probably experience at this level) at the minute to retain possession against Premiership opposition. We need to be direct and not give them a second to breath, Hit them on the counter every time they loose the ball and we will win games in an attractive manner.

This.

No we are not. We are trying to accommodate Cambiasso.

Vardy should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

How do you mean we are trying to accommodate Vardy?

well I definitely agree with you about Cambiasso, with regards to Vardy its just my opinion but at the start of the season Ulloa and Nugent were doing a fine job up there so when Vardy got fit again we are trying to fit him in somewhere and I thinks its unbalanced the team Man Utd game aside when you have to take into account Man Utd central defenders were not very good.  I just think he would be best suited to be a game changer off the bench when he can cause his havoc when defenders are tired

well I definitely agree with you about Cambiasso, with regards to Vardy its just my opinion but at the start of the season Ulloa and Nugent were doing a fine job up there so when Vardy got fit again we are trying to fit him in somewhere and I thinks its unbalanced the team Man Utd game aside when you have to take into account Man Utd central defenders were not very good.  I just think he would be best suited to be a game changer off the bench when he can cause his havoc when defenders are tired

I think the problem was, Pearson wouldnt drop Nugent. We all know Vardy is a far better player, more dangerous, more goal threat, more pace etc than Nugent. For me, you give Vardy and Ulloa a good few games to try and form a partnership.

I think the problem was, Pearson wouldnt drop Nugent. We all know Vardy is a far better player, more dangerous, more goal threat, more pace etc than Nugent. For me, you give Vardy and Ulloa a good few games to try and form a partnership.

You would have to get one of Vardy or Ulloa to drop a bit deeper which would neutralize what they are good at

Why would you? Football is a simple game, too many people try and over complicate it!

The reason we were so good last season and the first few games of this season is we had a second striker which dropped a bit deeper which Nugent has done too good efect I cant see Vardy or Ulloa doing this as there best attributes are being the main strikers

The reason we were so good last season and the first few games of this season is we had a second striker which dropped a bit deeper which Nugent has done too good efect I cant see Vardy or Ulloa doing this as there best attributes are being the main strikers

Last season we played 2 up front. Nugent did not drop off.

This season there's no reason why we can't push one of the midfielders on when we are attacking to support the front 2. Nugent just isnt dangerous enough to warrant a start.

My strongest 11, played in a 4-4-2 is this:

Kasper

RDL

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp (left back)

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Knockaert

Vardy

Ulloa

Of the players we currently have at the football club, that I've seen play (not having seen Simmo or Powell), that's the team I'd play and I'd revert back to 4-4-2 for the moment.

In all honesty, a team very much like last season's. I still think we've strengthened in terms of a SQUAD, but actually not much in terms of a clear starting 11.

Kasper

De Laet - Moore - Morgan - Konch

Cambiasso

James Drinkwater

Mahrez Ulloa Vardy

Spot on this. For me clearly our strongest team on paper, hope ww see it soon.

Archived