Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

New build issues

I have good knowledge of this, as I purchased a David Wilson home that had horrendous problems. Probably made your issues sound minor. Two of the three toilets didn't work from day one, came home to water all through the house just to name two of the many many issues.

Basically the developer will come back and put right for a period of time, normally around 18 months. So if you ring him, he should come back and put right.

My issue was with David Wilson, but just next door to me now we have a new development of two houses, done by a small builder and he comes back and put stuff right, even though it is over a year since he handed the keys over.

Just a note to others, if your house was built by a large builder and there are constant problems, they do have a budget per house to make you feel better. Wilsons as an example gave us a new landscaped garden for all the issues that we had, and this is just standard practice.

Don't tell me that I'm in the process of part exing with david wilson, and already wrangled free floors due to a few mis selling issues. Please don't tell me the ****ing place will fall apart lol

Don't tell me that I'm in the process of part exing with david wilson, and already wrangled free floors due to a few mis selling issues. Please don't tell me the ****ing place will fall apart lol

Purely depends on the people they employed to build it. They will use different ones in different areas. Not everyone has issues.

Also depends on how they rectify stuff. With me, they gave me a free landscaping to the garden, yet just did a day every so often, so basically we lost a whole summer as it took them about 6 months to do a very small garden.

I would not be too concerned, but just get them back constantly as soon as possible when you see issues. They normally just come back straight away, they are pretty good at that part.

The annoying thing with these companies is they pay a fee per fitting to their contractors. So in our case, they fitted 3 bogs, but 2 of them were useless. However, it is not in the fitters interest to take them back out again and refit new ones as they wont get paid to do this. So in my case, they fitted two useless pans, they knew they had done, but happily left them in place.

Archived