Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Foxes fan left black 'n' blue

Foxes fan left black 'n' blueYoung Gianni Digioia's love of Leicester City has seen him come in for a lot of stick - and now it has landed him with a broken arm.

Despite being born and bred in Bury, the 11-year-old has followed in his father's footsteps and became a true blue Foxes fan.

When City came to town for a cup tie, he jumped at the chance to see his heroes in action but, before the game had even kicked off, a player booted a ball into the crowd which hit him and fractured his arm.

Brave Gianni, who only gets to see the Foxes when they play in the north west of the country, waved away offers of treatment so he could watch City wrap up a comfortable 3-0 victory. But the next day his arm was badly swollen and X-rays revealed it to be broken.

Gianni said: "They were taking shots at the goal from the penalty area and one of the players missed and it went a bit wide.

"I stuck out my arm by instinct and it hit it. They asked if I wanted any treatment, but I said no."

The injury means Gianni will miss the start of the season with his local non-league club Ramsbottom United. He plays centre-back for one of its junior sides.

The injury has not put him off supporting Leicester or following the progress of his favourite players, Dion Dublin and David Connolly.

Dad Tony, who took Gianni to the game, moved away from Melton 20 years ago and has lived in and around Manchester ever since.

But he has never lost his love for the Foxes and brought his son up to be a passionate part of the Blue Army.

The 42-year-old IT consultant said: "Like every good dad, I've brainwashed my son to follow my team. He's literally the only Leicester fan - most of the other kids support Man United and he gets a lot of stick!"

Gianni was hurt from a ball as players warmed up in the penalty box, but he has no idea who kicked it.

To make up for the injury, Peter Jones, supporter relations manager for Leicester City, said Gianni would be sent a shirt with his name and favourite number on the back.

The players and manager will also send him a card signed by all of them with their best wishes.

Mr Jones said it was unfortunate that Gianni he had suffered the injury on one of the relatively rare occasions he was able to watch his team play. He added that many City supporters were scattered across the country and the club tried to look after them all.

He said: "Not all our supporters live in Leicester - they come from north, south, east and west."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...782005393478531

He is getting a free shirt out of it so he will be happy, good thing to tell everyone as well, how do you brake your arm? A leicester player smacked the ball at me!!!

A leicester player smacked the ball at me!!!

i saw tommy wright smack a ball way over but hit some guy in the back! they guy who got hit had his back to the goal in the cop! i saw it and laghed but it must of hurt!! It was a powerful shot!

That was at the stoke game! (wasnt you by any chance?)

Archived