Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jambo Fox

Craig Levein

Chaps,

I have supported Hearts all my life (29 years) and when CL was in charge yes we were 3rd in the league on 3 consecutive occasions and we made it through to the group stages of the Uefa Cup BUT we were so bad to watch.....our attendances declined etc etc

This was not all CL's fault we had an erse of a Chief Exec however CL would rather a nil nil draw or 1-0 win than 3-3 or 4-3 win.

Not the greatest of football to watch and not entertaining....

He was a great player and in my view a good manager, but don't think you will be turning up to watch qualilty free flowing football on a weekly basis.

Hope he turns it around and I look forward to seeing you in the playoffs )if not automatic promotion)

Up the Foxes!! (and the Jambos - TOP OF THE LEAGUE)

Chaps,

I have supported Hearts all my life (29 years) and when CL was in charge yes we were 3rd in the league on 3 consecutive occasions and we made it through to the group stages of the Uefa Cup BUT we were so bad to watch.....our attendances declined etc etc

This was not all CL's fault we had an erse of a Chief Exec however CL would rather a nil nil draw or 1-0 win than 3-3 or 4-3 win.

He was a great player and in my view a good manager, but don't think you will be turning up to watch qualilty free flowing football on a weekly basis.

Hope he turns it around and I look forward to seeing you in the playoffs )if not automatic promotion)

you have never seen a Micky Adams team then!!! lol

some of the football we have played has been free flowing and some of the best play we have seen for a while!!

As has been said, we've played some of our best football in years this season (although admittedly not in the last couple of games), and I wouldn't say Levein is adverse to taking chances, we ended the game on Saturday with 4 strikers on the pitch, today at 1-1 he put on an extra striker.

Chaps,

Results so far this season: 1-4, 4-2, 0-0, 2-2, 0-2, 1-1 ... hardly been boring!

However he has admitted that there's been too much 'excitement' this season...I think a few fans would agree with him on that one ;)

But to be honest, I'd settle for boring football to get results. And I'm sure e.g. all of Greece would share that same opinion...

I remember when we were managed by Brian Little. It was route one all the way, yeah we won but my God I wanted to chew my wrists off!

I think we do play alot better than we did under BL and MA and hopefully when we sort out our attacking options and our set piece defending, we should be good material for promotion! (IMHO)

Archived