Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Lies, damned lies and Jamie Vardy's inability to pass

Haven't you just done the same thing?

Well no I don't think so have I?

I've defended my own opinion. I haven't told anyone else that their opinion is wrong. And i certainly wouldn't be so ignorant as to tell someone that their opinions about our line up were "hilarious".

The point is that opinions such as this one about Schlupp can't be right or wrong. They can't be proved or disproved. You can only agree or disagree.

Where I've castigated people is where they have twisted my opinion to try and make it into something of their own choosing.

Well no I don't think so have I?

I've defended my own opinion. I haven't told anyone else that their opinion is wrong. And i certainly wouldn't be so ignorant as to tell someone that their opinions about our line up were "hilarious".

The point is that opinions such as this one about Schlupp can't be right or wrong. They can't be proved or disproved. You can only agree or disagree.

Where I've castigated people is where they have twisted my opinion to try and make it into something of their own choosing.

But ignorant enough to insult other posters intelligence?

I agree with much of what you say.

The 441 with Nugent is a lot better than the 442. True. And Nugent does a lot of the work I'm talking about to give us a bit extra in midfield. BUT... Nugent has not offered enough of a goal threat this season.

Against Villa he missed a couple of sitters, and so i was a bit surprised to see him in the starting 11 against Villa, with Albrighton dropped.

Schlupp has played as an attacker and a winger, AND has found the net this season. You can talk about vision and intelligence all you want. I'm Talking about our only player (bar Ulloa) who has showed he can put the ball in the back of the net this season.

He's got pace and could of given Stoke's big central defenders a few headaches breaking forward from midfield, and his energy could have helped us stop Stoke dominate the midfield. Who knows. It would also have meant Albrighton stayed in the team.

That is of course all speculation. If you don't agree with it that's fine. It's just an opinion, and the only reason this thread has crawled to five tedious pages is cos of all the muppets desperately trying to score points by proving it's "wrong", and the bigger attention-seeking muppets pretending to find it "hilarious"! (CJS i excuse you from both these categories as you have just offered a fleshed-out analysis of why you think it wouldn't work. Respect.)

I know some people will laugh at anything, but suggesting that a goal-scoring winger play more centrally for ONE game to cover a shortage of proper CMs really isn't so funny that Big Micky should fall about laughing. Thats just a bit embarrasing.

I understand what you are getting at but I just don't see Schlupp as someone who can play centrally. Having only just found his best position where he doesn't really have to think but can instinctively attack and defend, I don't want to confuse the poor boy by making him play a central role which requires a lot of intelligence and good positional sense. He lacks these two things at the moment. It's true he has provided a threat and scored from central positions at times (and more frequently than most) but some, if not all, of that has come about because of his position on the left hand side. It allows him to drift inside and cause problems with his pace or burn down the outside of the defender and whip a cross in. Being able to play like that makes him harder to mark as well. Putting him centrally would somewhat restrict his ability to do that, I feel. Partly, that is down to him needing to think a lot more about his play, if you know what I mean. I don't want to do that simply because we might need an extra body in midfield, as I feel Nugent plays that role effectively. Personally, I think it was just a poor day after a good run of performances. We were hamstrung by midfield options and ultimately that cost us the game. I know your suggestion was purely for one game but I still wouldn't do it.

Obviously, each to their own and all that.

Archived