Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Lies, damned lies and Jamie Vardy's inability to pass

Did he play at CM yesterday?

No he just scored another goal from a position in the middle. Anyway, there's not an injury crisis. Anyway, we weren't at home to Stoke. Plus I've never said CM I said attacking midfielder. Apart from that, your post is spot on.

That is the fourth "isolated one-off" this season for Jeff. Best to keep him away from goal in case in becomes a habit.

When you're in a hole, stop digging.

a) No he just scored another goal from a position in the middle.

b) Anyway, there's not an injury crisis.

c) Anyway, we weren't at home to Stoke.

d) Plus I've never said CM I said attacking midfielder. Apart from that, your post is spot on.

That is the fourth "isolated one-off" this season for Jeff. Best to keep him away from goal in case in becomes a habit.

a) from a cross. Not from playing in the centre.

b) 2 available CMs suggests otherwise

c) Correct, but irrelevant

d) Really?

Look. I'm saying that we should have asked someone like Schlupp to play in the centre to make up the 3.

a) Eh?

b) It suggests what?

c) Why?

d) Yes.

a) Scoring from a cross doesn't mean someone can play in the centre.

b) That we have a bit of a crisis of available players.

c) Because the opposition don't change what position a player plays. Wasyl is a CB, he's not just a CB vs West Brom and a left winger vs Charlton.

d) Despite the quote saying to the contrary?

a) Scoring from a cross doesn't mean someone can play in the centre.

b) That we have a bit of a crisis of available players.

c) Because the opposition don't change what position a player plays. Wasyl is a CB, he's not just a CB vs West Brom and a left winger vs Charlton.

d) Despite the quote saying to the contrary?

a) Irrelevant

b) correct but irrelevant

c) incorrect and irrelevant

d) If you look closely youll see that it doesn't say CM though it just says centre

a) Irrelevant

b) correct but irrelevant

c) incorrect and irrelevant

d) If you look closely youll see that it doesn't say CM though it just says centre

a) No, it isn't - the entire crux of your argument is that Jeff should play in the centre so we have a three. Therefore the big question is can he play there - there's no evidence he can, scoring a goal from a foray into the centre doesn't mean you can play 90 minutes in there.

b) Despite it being the basis of your argument (we've not got three fit CMs but need to play a three therefore Schlupp)? 

c) No it's not - that we were playing against Spurs rather than Stoke doesn't mean that he suddenly became a CM

d) you said about putting them in midfield, you talked about having him in the centre so we could play with a three in the middle. Not saying it explicitly doesn't mean you didn't say to play him as a CM.

I'd suggest you bow out now rather than continuing to look the prat.

a) No, it isn't - the entire crux of your argument is that Jeff should play in the centre so we have a three. Therefore the big question is can he play there - there's no evidence he can, scoring a goal from a foray into the centre doesn't mean you can play 90 minutes in there.

b) Despite it being the basis of your argument (we've not got three fit CMs but need to play a three therefore Schlupp)? 

c) No it's not - that we were playing against Spurs rather than Stoke doesn't mean that he suddenly became a CM

d) you said about putting them in midfield, you talked about having him in the centre so we could play with a three in the middle. Not saying it explicitly doesn't mean you didn't say to play him as a CM.

I'd suggest you bow out now rather than continuing to look the prat.

a) there's no evidence he can't.

b) it was the basis of my argument for the Stoke Home game.

c) I've never said he was a CM.

d) i said the attacking midfielder in a 451. Not my fault if you don't know the difference.

a) there's no evidence he can't.

b) it was the basis of my argument for the Stoke Home game.

c) I've never said he was a CM.

d) i said the attacking midfielder in a 451. Not my fault if you don't know the difference.

a) There's no evidence Wasyl can't play left wing...

b) And nothings changed since then - we've still only got 2 available senior CMs.

c) you said that he should be played in there. Is that then an admission that you're wrong?

d) No, you said we needed a three in midfield and should have played schlupp there. That means playing him at CM - you can discuss roles all you want, but your argument was for schlupp in CM

You're wrong, get over it.

a) There's no evidence Wasyl can't play left wing...

b) And nothings changed since then - we've still only got 2 available senior CMs.

c) you said that he should be played in there. Is that then an admission that you're wrong?

d) No, you said we needed a three in midfield and should have played schlupp there. That means playing him at CM - you can discuss roles all you want, but your argument was for schlupp in CM

You're wrong, get over it.

Well I certainly didn't say he should be played "in there"?? i'm not really sure modern football is so simplistic to say that all midfielders just play "in there"

My argument is obviously what I say it is, not you. Pretty basic blunder on your part which is the real reason why you're floundering here.

Just to help you out: Stevie Gerrard plays CM and Raheem Sterling plays as an "attacking midfielder" in a three. He also plays wing and up front, same positions Schluppy has played. They are all "in there" though!

Not sure how you plan to show that I'm "wrong" about something that never even happened in a game that we lost, but feel free to keep plodding away at it.

No he just scored another goal from a position in the middle. Anyway, there's not an injury crisis. Anyway, we weren't at home to Stoke. Plus I've never said CM I said attacking midfielder. Apart from that, your post is spot on.

Position in the middle lol.

He ain't going to score from the fcking touch line is he lol

Position in the middle lol.

He ain't going to score from the fcking touch line is he lol

Well at least he does fcking score!

Which was kind of my point for playing him more central (Doc please note this does NOT, repeat, NOT mean CM) for the Stoke game. He spends most of the games out wide but has still scored more than Nuge and Vardy combined.

That actually is hilarious.

So play Jeff centrally because he's scored from central positions?

Ritchie De Laet scored one by bursting through the middle against Derby last season, should we play him centrally as well?

We've struggled to find Jeff's position but he's definitely a winger. You put him centrally and he's easier to mark. If you've got a guy coming in off the wing to provide attacking support towards the middle then it's so much harder for defenders to track and mark him. 

Now now lads. "Attacking midfield".....not in the middle

By Jove I think he's got it.

So play Jeff centrally because he's scored from central positions?

Ritchie De Laet scored one by bursting through the middle against Derby last season, should we play him centrally as well?

We've struggled to find Jeff's position but he's definitely a winger. You put him centrally and he's easier to mark. If you've got a guy coming in off the wing to provide attacking support towards the middle then it's so much harder for defenders to track and mark him.

This thread is on loop now.

The de laet/Derby thing has already been done with Chris Wood at burnley. Please refer back to my "reasons why you're a tool" post for answers.

Am I missing something here: did we beat Stoke with a full-strenght side?

Archived