Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Arsenal sign Poom on loan

From Arsenal.com

POOM SIGNS ON LOAN

Arsenal have today signed Estonian international goalkeeper Mart Poom on loan from Sunderland until January 2006.

Poom, who joined Derby County in 1997, has vast experience of English football, having made over 200 appearances for both the Rams and Sunderland.

Voted Estonian Footballer of the Year six times, Poom, who won his 100th cap for Estonia last September, will start training with Arsenal immediately and will wear the No 21 shirt.

pointless for Poom. He wont even get a game!

That's not the point though. If you're a footballer in England and Arsenal want to sign you up, there's not many better or bigger teams to join is there? Nobody who plays for Sunderland (or indeed any of the 16 Premiership teams outside the 'big 4') is going to turn down a move to Highbury.

That's not the point though. If you're a footballer in England and Arsenal want to sign you up, there's not many better or bigger teams to join is there? Nobody who plays for Sunderland (or indeed any of the 16 Premiership teams outside the 'big 4') is going to turn down a move to Highbury.

Fair enough but if i was him, i would want to play games rather than keep a bench warm!

Fair enough but if i was him, i would want to play games rather than keep a bench warm!

He's gonna be keeping the bench warm at Sunderland too, so he may as well do it at Highbury instead! :P

Archived