Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

One for the older generation..anyone remember...

predict the score competition on Radio leicester ?, every rang up and made a prediction up until about 15 mins before kick off and they put the winners in a hat and drew 3 out at the end of the game for the prizes, and what prizes they were! , i won three times (i was 14 at this time) my prizes.....A Jack Charlton book of fishing :ermm: A £5 Labrookes betting Voucher :o and my top prize a nice looking bird! (20lb and went in the oven at christmas :rolleyes: )

predict the score competition on Radio leicester ?, every rang up and made a prediction up until about 15 mins before kick off and they put the winners in a hat and drew 3 out at the end of the game for the prizes, and what prizes they were! , i won three times (i was 14 at this time) my prizes.....A Jack Charlton book of fishing :ermm: A £5 Labrookes betting Voucher :o and my top prize a nice looking bird! (20lb and went in the oven at christmas :rolleyes: )

Yeah i remember listening to predict the score when i lived in Leicester

:smile::smile:

Quite possibly cos i remember it from when first started supporting city (I WAS 15) that was back in 1978, long time ago, i'm showing my age now

:olol:whistle:

cisono gets out a calculator... [too late in the evening to do mental arithmetic]

hmmm 78-15=63... you're 42? :)

Weren't they still doing this as recently as 2 or 3 seasons ago?

I remember the predict the score - and I'm (fairly) young! I think they stopped doing it about 5 years ago, but I definitely remember when I first started to listen to RL commentary when I was 10 that they had that competition...not that I ever entered!

Archived