Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

restrict what "guests" can see?

I know the tinder thread has been hidden and put back in place after the james pearson incident before but now with all the added attention, the site going into its saver mode a lot more and for the first time ive noticed that every time i log in the number of guest accounts outweighs the members. isn't there a chance that we can have something miscontrued here or a shitstorm on our doorstep?

also ive noticed there are more spam accounts getting through. Am i right in thinking this place still has a vetting process of admins activating you first before letting you post? if i see that guys post about his blog one more time in the main forum i may scream!

I know the tinder thread has been hidden and put back in place after the james pearson incident before but now with all the added attention, the site going into its saver mode a lot more and for the first time ive noticed that every time i log in the number of guest accounts outweighs the members. isn't there a chance that we can have something miscontrued here or a shitstorm on our doorstep?

also ive noticed there are more spam accounts getting through. Am i right in thinking this place still has a vetting process of admins activating you first before letting you post? if i see that guys post about his blog one more time in the main forum i may scream!

If they're that traumatic report them then we can delete those posts or ban those members. Mods aren't necessarily on here 24/7. 

If they're that traumatic report them then we can delete those posts or ban those members. Mods aren't necessarily on here 24/7. 

i'm well aware of that, my point is if the mods/admins have a queue of people to accept for registration then it limits what can be used against us just incase (eg the tinder thread) and limits what guests can see so we know who is looking.

i don't mind a few spammers or people posting nonsense, but with the increased popularity, the spam bots will be increased 10 fold. 

Archived