Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesFanCanada

Coming from Canada

Hi all:

I'm new to the forum, though I've read it in the past, but I was hoping to be able to get some advice and perhaps assistance. I'm planning to attend a match this season, hopefully one of the Champions League fixtures, but I need some guidance. I live in Canada, and the last and only time I attended a match at King Power Stadium was in 2010 (Yann Kermorgant scored a cracker – his one and only with the club!). I bought two tickets straight from the club on that occasion. Obviously, getting a ticket will be a very different experience now. I wanted to go to England in the spring to be part of the celebrations, but I've got a wife and two kids and therefore limited time and financial resources. I'm going to make the trip happen now, though.

My questions:

1) What's the best way to get a single match ticket? I see some talk of exchanges here on the forum – am I best to buy from another fan, a third-party website, or try to get one straight from the club?

2) Obviously I don't know which match I'll be attending yet, but in general, would it be possible to catch a ride to the stadium with another fan from London?

Thanks,

Jay G.

Hi and welcome.

I lived and played out your way many moons ago and was also involved with your countries women's teams, I've always loved Canada!

Anyway... back to the topic.  Its going to be difficult and the exchange on here may be best.  I'm not sure it will work out for the Champions League fixtures, but it may for a league or cup match.  I work quite closely with the club and will see if I can help, but I even found it hard to get tickets towards the end of this season having had "freebies" for many years. Lots of v helpful people here and you may get lucky if someone can't go on a particular day.

I'm sure someone would give you a lift up, but early planning and a bus/train isn't massively expensive.

What dates are you here for? Champions League tickets might be in high demand so you'd be quite lucky to get one.

More chance of going to a league game if it works out for you depending on the dates you're here. As above, exchange or being quick on the ball when tickets go on sale is best. Some on here sell tickets on this site first-come first-served at face value so if you're quick enough you might get one.

The other option would be to contact the club and explain your circumstances. Might get lucky!

Thanks gents. I may try reaching out to the club as you suggest. One would think there might be a single ticket available.

My plan is to come in November. Of course, we won't know home dates for Champions League until the end of this month, so I can't nail down exactly when right now if I hold out for one of those matches. If I did a league match, I suppose it would be the Albion fixture on the first weekend of November.

Do you think getting a single seat for a Champions League match would be that tough? If so, perhaps I should just shoot for the less in-demand league match.

Archived