Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

splinterdream

Member
  • Posts

    6,310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by splinterdream

  1. I'm sorry, I dont even rememebr your other post, i have other stuff going on, cooking dinner, finishing work etc
  2. I remember the head to heads with Cameron, Clegg and Milliband. Even Milliband was advocating for cuts, lower immigration due to the deficit. It was what the Country voted for. I said in the 14 years of Tory leadership they veered to the left. In being told that was wrong, I gave some examples. In simplistic terms, when they left office, did we have low taxes, small govt? Where they traditionally conservative? I've heard it said Cameron was Blair 2.
  3. I don't agree with housing built in favour of LGBTQ+ as defined by Councillor Bev Craig, or the Asian Accesz programmed at Dufham University. Is this social progress? Is this what the left think is a good thing?
  4. Thanks for the insight, if only I could have emulated their success, then I wouldn't be on foxestalk with someones lame pathetic attempt to insult me
  5. I voted Blair in 97 and Conservative ever since. Sometimes I've gladly voted Conservative, and sometimes I've voted Conservative to keep Labour out. You come across as having a very high opinion of yourself dismissing others opinions whenever you're replying to me, you seem to make assumptions about my opinions, maybe I wasnt clear enough. The conservatives moved to the left. Fact. Like New Labour moved to the right in the opinion of those on the left. I dont agree with thisbwas a good thing for the Country, this is my political opinion, it maybe right or wrong, but living standards in the Country have gone downhill. The alternative to the Tories was Milliband or Corbyn, my opinion is this would have been far worse. I don't like socialism, or the modern day left wing politics which seems like it has come from the US which is often defined as 'woke' but seems to me divisive, but I do have opinions that are left wing. Working class to me is where you may have grown up in a certain household, which may be in many cases a dysfunctional household, where no parents will have gone to University, or where you have ended up in a blue collar job. You may have grown up working class and become middle class. I have often worked in homes where customers would look down there nose at me because i'm a tradesman in overalls
  6. Can you explain why we pay huge subsidies for this that mean granny smith cant afford to put the boiler on. Can you explain why in my industry we moved to condensing boilers that are full of non recyclable, last half as long, break down more often and spew out twice the levels of CO/CO2%. Why do we push for electric cars when they are more harmful to the environment? Western govts are pulling back on climate change policies.
  7. Where do you think I get my information? My political opinion is based on following politics since my 20's and reading history, mainly political history focusing on socialism/communism. Its also based on being brought up working class, having a working class job, but also having over 30 years experience of working in the homes throughout the country of some of the wealthiest people, to the very poorest, with communities of all different cultures and being lucky enough to have travelled a fair bit. There isn't in my opinion a diverse political opinion on the general forums, it tends to be very much to the left, so I lf I bite back, its because theres some people on here that sit on a hill and think they're better than everyone else, something I think is predominant with the left. I think many have been very shocked by the last 2 years, and it could get worse, whether that be under Labour, the greens or reform. I think in terms I want a Country to be proud of with opportunities for my 15 year old daughter, a safe Country for women, a Country where it doesnt matter what colour your skin is, where I can get a retirement where im not worried about getting a doctor's appointment, I can buy a steak for my dinner and keep warm in winter, where I wont have to carry a digital ID to show at every opportunity. Can't see it though
  8. One nation tories moving to a strategy of tax and spend leading to very high taxes when they left office. Record number immigration numbers, high focus on environmental issues, equalities act which whilst doing some good has led to issues, overseeing college of policing woke issues which result in NCHI's, online safety act and various strange censorship acts by govt during Covid. Not very conservative if the ethos of conservatism is low tax and spend, small govt and freedom of the individual citizen, and to conserve tradition. One nation tories and widely criticised by other Conservative politicians as liberals. Why do you think your view trumps my view and that of other political opinion?
  9. It doesn't matter what it says, because its deranged nonsense, like many insights into green policies or any policies of the woke left.
  10. I work in the gas industry and have done for 33 years. I have no beef with moving away from fossil fuels, I do have a beef when I hear the term the science is settled, it is never settled, i also have a beef with climate alarmists who i believe use it to further a political narrative, and its my opinion we should move at a pace that doesn't cause great national harm. I have seen changes in my industry due to the politics of climate change that make no sense whatsoever. It annoys me when I visit the natural history museum and see an article by 2 stuffed dogs about carbon footprints of pets, I find that personally offensive with what dogs bring to humans, its utter woke nonsense
  11. Do you have any disdain for the Iranian islamic regime and sympathise with the plight of the people in that Country that have had to live under that regime?
  12. I can't stand hypocrites, anyone thats a member of the Fabian Society really. Idealogue politicians who claim to represent the working class but have no interest in them whatsoever. I cant stand claiming to save the nation £300 off their bills whilst in reality costing people more by wasting money investing in companies exploring geo engineering and carbon capture schemes, as well as give £7.5k grants for heat pumps for those who dont need it whilst removing the heating allowance for pensioners. The man is worth a fortune, as is his brother earning a million dollars a year working for a charity the UK gives millions too. There are many other politicians I could have picked on though, giving my reasons why I think they're ****. Do I think he' equivalent to Saville or Dahmer? Don't be silly, do I think he's a crazy hypocritical liar? Absolutely
  13. What the hell do you know? Nothing. I was 3 years in to an OU degree and had to pause, when I wanted to return tuition fees would cost me so much I couldn't continue. Then we have had May and her fudging of Brexit and signing up for net zero. Then we have had Sunak and Johnson with needless covid lockdowns which cost me my life savings, indefinite leave to remain/Boris wave which will cost us all dearly. You have non crime hate incidents and a complete failure to deal with anything to improve the plight of white working class boys, instead constantly veering to the left. I hated the 14 years of conservative rule.
  14. You're correct but different times, and different priorities, the problem is defense spending doesn't equal votes so if no conflicts defense spending gets cut.. Really, our problems stem from the banking crisis and the deficit. I'm 51 years old and when i consider when standards of living began to fall, it was probably from around that time, if not before with Blair or Brown in power.
  15. I don't share the same hate for these people than you may do, I thnk that like milliband, they're just idiots
  16. I'd say it's fairly normal to be concerned about a nations defences and protections, irrelevent whether those issuing the warnings are being linked with lobbying on behalf of defense manufacturers, I'd be complaining about the actions of any government if they were running the Country the way the Labour Party are
  17. I see plenty of hate in this thread
  18. In this thread, there has been Robert Jenrick, Kemi badenoch, Joey Barton, Donald Trump, Mel Stride. imagine thinking they're up there with the names mentioned above
  19. So would I And I'd say the same about you
  20. As for drilling for oil and gas, it's about energy security rather than importing it. Importing it mean it has to be converted to liquid for before we recieve it then coverted back adding costs and being less friendly to the environment. It is utterly stupid to think you can be reliant on renewables.
  21. Labour have made empty promises on defense spending, but we all know welfare budget needs cuts to fund it. Lord Robertson (a labour peer and ex nato chief) criticism (corrosive complaceny) of the govt, Starmer doesn't except. As for the Tories, different times as we went through a pandemic funding furlough, and previously dealing with the deficit, which Labour also advocated large cuts. As for energy privatisation, I was a child of a public sector British Gas, remember privatisation. The company was a drain on the tax payer, now I'm no economist, and no political history expert, but I know Britain used to be called the poor man of Europe, and Thatcher brought years of huge growth to the Country without having mass immigration to fiddle the numbers. What has happened since perhaps may be the fault of subsequent governments not keeping their eye on the industries investment in public infrastructure, but net zero policies and huge taxes are having a huge impact to cost of living, and all this whilst labour increase welfare above 6%, a larger increase than the cost of inflation.
  22. Crikey, the pearl clutching in here is off the charts, calm down ladies 🤣
  23. If, and its a big if, any change in the climate is man made, importing our energy at great cost and harm to the economy to save less than 1% pf world global emissions without any idea of whether it will make any difference is utter stupidity. It can be done but at a steady pace. Labour id wrecking the economy, unemployment up, welfare up, taxes up, a weak PM who is being bossed around by his back benchers, whilst he clings onto power. What was it you lefties said when labour won? The adults are in the room. Well those adults are decreasing defense spending whilst being warned we are in great danger, they think its more important to bring sex toys into the commons in a war against the manosphere. Its pathetic and milliband is right up there, and worse we have a generation of stupids who are being sucked in by Dave Polanski and his secterian cohort. God help us 🙏
  24. Yep, you were able to throw in a few quid and get out of it, not anymore by the looks of it. You need good scouting and management
×
×
  • Create New...