Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

splinterdream

Member
  • Posts

    6,310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by splinterdream

  1. There was 3 major fundamental errors Rudkin and Top made which led to our downfall. -Giving Rodgers a contact at the level they did without any clauses in it. -Giving Rodgers so much power with player aquasitions. -Giving the players the contracts they did without any clauses in them. They were all born out of ambition, but it could be argued they wasn't ambitious enough. We needed signings in those january transfer windows to strengthen to stay in the top 4 and didnt. Clubs like Newcastle and Villa have demonstrated how difficult it is to challenge and stay at that level, this is not to excuse Rudkin and Aiyawatt.
  2. Tielemens would probably have signed a new contract and kept himself fit, rodgers wouldn't have downed tools, we wouldn't have gone for the players we did, we wouldn't have got relegated
  3. Just got back in, totally she'll shocked. Up there with worst performances ever. RM made a complete idiot of himself in post match interview. We really nees to hope that RM looks at playing a different way
  4. I just wanted to see him get the ball more often. Is he the archetype of a pacey winger, or is he something different? I don't know, he was highly rated at his previous club, we do have a habit of playing players in ways that doesnt suit their style (ayoze perez). I'm not saying he was great first half, but he had limited opportunities
  5. I dont know what people are watching but he's not getting the ball early enough or it being played into the space for him to run onto
  6. Do we think it would be easier to play as a striker for Bristol in Championship or Leicester in League 1?
  7. Tbf when he played against us last season he looked good, or maybe it was us being so bad
  8. We have so many new players in the team, and we're trying to find patterns of play, runs etc Saying that, I am concerned about our injured Chaplin who will be key and our striker probably needing a season to get the English game
  9. Whilst if we were in.the championship i'd be happy with this, i cant help but think he improved us on saturday when he played. I'd much rather see Skipp go
  10. Whose the worst midfield signing, Soumare, Skipp, Lewis or Silva?
  11. Keep thinking about when Stowell was on WYS talking about how Plymouth tried to play football and got smashed for a few weeks then had to change tactics pretty quickly, thing that worries me is we aren't going to do that are we?
  12. I am very worried. Burton just looked better than us, it looked men against boys. It is abundantly clear, if you want to play this style, you need certain players with certain abilities in every part of of the pitch. Look at Enzo's system, when we lost Ricardo, and replaced him with hamza, the whole system fell apart. As Pipes said, we are 4/5 players short of playing this style, and with what we have, can we play in any other way? Very worrying indeed. I want to add, I don't think this is Martin's fault. This is the way he is employed to set us up, but he hasn't been given enough. Skipp, Faes, Okoli, Thomas, Soutar, possibly hamza should all be gone by now. Tbf today I thought hamza looked okay, but we need these high wage players gone
  13. Sorry if its already been covered, but this is our first year renewing ST's. Dad had a card last year, he's just told me he doesnt know what to do. Does anybody know what happens with the cards?
  14. We can't control what the club decide to pay out. I've just decided this season not to bitch and moan about player wages, something i can't control. £20k is a lot for lge 1 but I think we're going for it, shit or bust, and the fee was pretty low at £75k. I want us to go for it.
  15. Its a smart move, he knows how to play with Chaplin. Moaning about a 3 year contract, he probably wouldnt have signed for us for anything less. I think our business has been smart
  16. I've seen an interesting opinion from an Ipswich fan that says he works very well with Chaplin, so probably the thinking there, that they already have an understanding. I think its a smart play myself
  17. Looking back, I see Puels time as crucial to that success. His task was to break the back of our 15/16 style and make us more modern team. I think I remember right that everybody thought Vardy could only play in a front 2. Puel would only play with q striker and wanted to play through the lines rather than route 1. Trouble for Puel was we were a little too slow at getting that key player ro link midfield to attack. We're still playing Puels formation now, at the time though we couldn't understand it. I think dropping vardy was puel just trying to show who was the gaffer
  18. I did, he played a half in pre season when he first arrived, skinned a couple of players off the ball, i though he look alright but you need more than 30 minutes
  19. It was a PSR fix. We needed £30m on the books for KDH, Chelsea only wanted to pay £25m, so we put £5m profit on their books and they put £30m on ours. He might have become a player but clearly isn't up to it.
  20. Claude Puel did the groundwork and deserves praise tbf, but Rodgers saw we had the basis of a very good side. I predicted just after Youri joined we' be top 6. What went wrong was we didnt change things up, it went stale and motivation left the dressing room. We go on about rodgers have a budget to spend but it was peanuts for a team going for CL. Either Rodgers needed to go or squad refresh needed to happen, we did neither which is why we were relegated
  21. Worse still, the players didnt seem to know their jobs when they came on which is probably why their 2nd was a free unmarked header
  22. All he needed to do was bring on fresh legs and keep the ball. We had quality on the bench. Absolute howler, not saying in hindsight, I called it when he brought the extra defenders on. At 1-1 he should have subbed some if his subs
  23. As you are bad mouthing somebody that has recently been killed, I have to ask, do you have any evidence for that? A quick google and you can see she defended the governments policy to have prisoners restrained at the hospital, but those shackles removed once in full labour. She was prisons minister and had a responsibility to the general public, there had been numerous cases escapes before this policy.
×
×
  • Create New...