-
Posts
2,206 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
Id rather they spent their time thinking about how to not unleash pollution into our rivers and seas
-
At the same time I'm not sure it was actually the case that the pilots that got in weren't good pilots... Who knows how many of them would've got it anyway, could be all, could be zero, so likely somewhere in between
-
Unlawfully and paid compensation but yes it happened
-
I could have my timeline wrong perhaps but he's made multiple quotes like that. There's one in trying to think of I'll have to search for it but directly relevant to treatment of the last few days.
-
I'm unclear why people that don't know him and don't agree with him have to be nice about somebody after their death? I mean, I personally aren't going to revel in it or really get into his views particularly, despite not agreeing with them. I wouldn't have wished what's happened on the guy. But since when did everybody have to be nice about everybody else? What happened to free speech on this? Charlie Kirk himself after a helicopter and plane collidedearlier this year said "if I see a black pilot, I'm going to be like 'boy, I hope he's qualified'". He didn't seem to believe in not talking about the recently deceased.
-
Aaron Ramsey joins on loan - Official
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
What was he like until the red card? -
How do you know which are illegal immigrants?
-
Actually went on a few dates with a hot asylum seeker, true story. She got leave to remain and is training as a nurse now.
-
I'm left wing and I absolutely support free speech. And I also do happen to think there should have been more open and honest debate around immigration, the economy, and a host of other things. But I don't believe for a second that the people involved in this really have free speech at the forefront of their minds. Tommy Robinson front and centre tells you everything you need to know.
-
When you go online and look at pictures of the event almost every comment underneath is directly racist. Unfortunately about 30-35% of the population now have absolutely no qualms in acting this way.
-
Must be hard for them with such a lack of freedom of speech. They only have multiple newspapers and TV channels dedicated to their views. I'm sure they'll be just as supportive of the right to speech next time somebody says they're not sure about the ropey looking flags painted onto mini roundabouts.
-
EFL THINKING OF CHANGING PLAY OFF FORMAT
CornwallFox replied to Joe90's topic in Leicester City Forum
Terrible idea. Absolutely nobody is calling for the play offs to be altered. -
F all to do with free speech
-
The fact an individual at a university wrote a tweet does not indicate that everybody at that university, or the university itself, has anything to do with it. Much like if the shooter turns out to be right/left/gay/religious/satanic/anything else, it doesn't mean anybody else of that group is similarly minded. Half the problems we have in the world stem from us pigeon holing whole groups, particularly if we disagree with them in some way.
-
So straight to the conspiracy theories is it?
-
There's video of him which is very clear
-
It's a big old country to get across when your face is plastered everywhere
-
It would be nice if we paid as much attention to things that directly affected the lives of ordinary people: public services worked, people had enough money to buy a house, holiday or a treat occasionally, people generally felt happy and not ground down through worries about money or the state of the nation etc. Growth is great and all, but we don't often see the proceeds of it being used to actually improve anything for anybody. These days a high % of any increase to GDP effectively goes straight to shareholders. And much of the growth we've seen in recent years has simply been inflation led. And yes you can say pension schemes etc are some of those shareholders, but jam tomorrow really is getting old by now. I'd rather see a fundamental change in our economic system with zero growth, to more fairly distribute the proceeds of that system between labour and capital.
-
I've seen comments about football in TV and I hate that we've reached a point where you have to have about six different subscriptions to watch half of football matches. This isn't good for anybody. PL and EFL should be forced legislatively to have 100% of matches available via one service provider. If you can watch every game overseas it is just another example of ordinary Brits being screwed.
-
And on this point we agree.
-
It's irrelevant what you think. Her circumstances were examined, including the legal advice she'd had, and it was found that she believed in good faith she was due to pay the lower rate, that she self referred as soon as that came into question, and that her error was relying on legal advice that wasn't specialist. Her resignation was due to the finding that, report the report being clear that it is believed she did intend to pay the correct rate, hence getting advice, because she had made an error that was enough to be a breach of the ministerial code. And so she resigned. She made an error, it wasn't intentional, she self referred herself, and she resigned upon receiving the report. Everything there speaks of somebody with a moral compass.
-
And with regard to farage, first he said he bought the house. Then he said he misspoke and actually she bought the house. Now questions are being asked about how she funded that the position is changing from her family gave her the money, towards possibly farage gave her the money..... Let's face it, he bought the house, put it in her name, and avoided paying tax. If you think these are the actions of a future PM id suggest you reflect on what you'd say if it was starmar.
-
The official report into her conduct, which considered her situation in a way you or I wouldn't know it, stated very clearly that her affairs were complex and that she didn't intentionally mislead. That's the official examination of the facts.
