Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonny_180

Best place to park near the ground?

I used to use Aylestone road but Saffron lane is now probably better.

Same for me. I used to park just off Aylestone road and getting out was always a nightmare. Saffron lane is 100 times better. Like I put earlier. Shakespeare street is always a winner providing you get there early enough

I am visiting for the first time to see the newcastle game which is on a Monday evening 8pm.

Do you think I can park on the B5366?

It is single yellow and is a bus lane to 4pm, I am hoping at that time of night it will be allowed to park there.

I can't tell from the google map as the signpost is blurred out:

https://goo.gl/maps/YpveGsz4rHU2

Yes you can park there BUT you would need to be there really early as it gets busy very quickly. Keep in mind though if you cant park on the B5366 you can park in the Saffron Lane Athletics ground (which is on the B5366, if you go back onto the link you posted its just a little further up the road). It cost £5 to park there.

Or if you have noticed my previous posts in this thread I park on Shakespeare street Which is right next to the Saffron Lane Athletics Ground. The roads along there i've rarely had trouble parking at providing you give yourself enough time. You will struggle to park say after 6:00pm.

What time are you planning on getting parked up. Bare in mind that with it being an 8pm kickoff you will have rush hour to contend with. It can get very busy trying to get to the B5366 during rush hour

• 1 month later...

(Sorry for late reply, I didnt get email notification and just remembered as the date approaches.)

I will be arriving at 7pm if there is no traffic coming up from leighton buzzard.  Can't get there earlier.

I will head for the Saffron Lane Athletics ground and pay £5, hopefully wont be full at that time.

Archived