Theres lots of conjecture of course Col ... but isn't that what forums are all about.
No one really knows what Rudkin gets up to but from piecing together evidence what can we strongly assume ...
1. There is a problem at the moment that is more than just 'we need a new manager'.
2. Our recruitment has gone from very good to very poor.
3. The players appear to have more influence than they should (Ranieri out Shakey in).
4. Shakey was probably dismissed too early ? ... why ?? .. someone thought he could do the job (FACT .. or they wouldn't have offered him the job) ?? ... why did that person(s) change their mind so quickly when it was patently obvious that he had an incredibly unlucky start ... only towards the end did he really started to mess up and maybe, just maybe, enormous pressure built up and no one gave him any assurances (maybe they could see what was happening and were already sharpening their knives to stab the scapegoat and thus cover their own failings ???). Remember Shakey didn't want DD to be allowed to go and the one new recruit he busted his balls to get on board (having meetings with him and his parents) was Maguire ... he played absolutely no part in the Silva fvck up. Would things have been different with DD and Silva .. of course they fookin would ! I'm not saying that Shakey was the right man but SOMEONE thought he was !
5. Walsh wanted some recognition/promotion for what he did ... he found that at Everton .. why couldn't he find it here ??? How is Macia coming along ??? Couldn't we call him DOF (Recruitment) and put him on the same level as Rudkin ??
I'd say there was enough there to AT LEAST conclude that there MAY be a problem with the person that has overall control ... imo the owners (BOTH of them) need to spend time here (not in Thailand) and get to the bottom of it ... asap !