Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
garethjambo

Hello Guys!

Hello there, Just thought I would post here to see how things are going for leicester, and especially levein. I am a Hearts fan, but I do always have a peak at the leicester results to see how mesrs levein, de Vries and Maybury are doing. They are still well liked up at Hearts, and just wondered how the team have been performing. P.S has Kisnorbo played yet? if so any thoughts ?

Hello there Gareth.

Your boys are going brilliant this season... as someone who couldn't give a XXXX for the Auld Firm, its great to see yourselves (and Killie, Hibs etc) putting some pressure on those two. Long may it continue

As for our lot....

Kisnorbo - been injured, only just coming back now. He'd better be good as CL has really hyped him up. Reckon he'll play him in centre-mid, or in front of the back-4.

De Vries - slowly coming to life, after spending last season stuck in 1st gear. Needs more confidence, but definitely has the ammo to dominate at this level.

Maybury - a great signing. A dream player. Rarely spectacular, but does the simple things well, gives 101% and rarely has a 'mare.

Up the Jambos! :)

Hello there, Just thought I would post here to see how things are going for leicester, and especially levein. I am a Hearts fan, but I do always have a peak at the leicester results to see how mesrs levein, de Vries and Maybury are doing. They are still well liked up at Hearts, and just wondered how the team have been performing. P.S has Kisnorbo played yet? if so any thoughts ?

Firsty welcome to the forum!!

Alan Maybury is class 110% every game, solid performances all the time and very god at sticking to his task!

De Vries hasn't had the best start but he always works hard and scored twice on saturday as you probably know! And i think Levien is doing an excellent job down here, he is building a quality squad, knows ful well what to do is a good tactician and very passionate, as for ksnorbo he hasnt started yet but he played a league cup game and some of the game on Saturday and looked a very promising player. what are your thoughts?

p.s well done on your excellent start to the season

cheers mate, yeah we are having a dream start to the season. There are many calls that we may challenge for the title..... against the ugly sisters, only time will tell!!

I have always rated maybury, and like most Hearts fans was sad to see him go, a top proffessional that always gave 100%. As for Kisnorbo, I wouldnt get to excited, although I may be wrong as he certainly had potential. de Vries will score a barrel load this season I reckon, now he has broken his duck. Give Levein time and HE WILL deliver promotion.

cheers mate, yeah we are having a dream start to the season. There are many calls that we may challenge for the title..... against the ugly sisters, only time will tell!!

I have always rated maybury, and like most Hearts fans was sad to see him go, a top proffessional that always gave 100%. As for Kisnorbo, I wouldnt get to excited, although I may be wrong as he certainly had potential. de Vries will score a barrel load this season I reckon, now he has broken his duck. Give Levein time and HE WILL deliver promotion.

well i certainly hope this is true!

sorry to be picky but De Vries already broke his duck this season lol!!

Big Rab made a couple of howlers on his debut but has been pretty solid since then, not making a mistake that has cost us and has shown is superb shot stopping ability on numerous occasions.

Stephen Hughes only just made his comeback from injury at the weekend and was excellent.

how has steven Hughes been playing?. May I also warn you that big Rab 'Calamity' Douglas, is prone to a few howlers!.

So we've already found out!

Hughesy has been out injured and made his comback on Saturday, and played really well it was so clear to see how much we have missed him

All looking good at the moment, we'll see on Kisnorbo! What about Joe Hammil, he came from hearts did he not!? What's the verdict on him, he had a good game in the Carling Cup for us and scored a couple for the reserves the other week yet levein hasn't thrown him into the proper first team mixer yet!

All looking good at the moment, we'll see on Kisnorbo! What about Joe Hammil, he came from hearts did he not!? What's the verdict on him, he had a good game in the Carling Cup for us and scored a couple for the reserves the other week yet levein hasn't thrown him into the proper first team mixer yet!

forgot about Joe Hamill!. Hmmm.... its hard to tell about him, he was slated by some of the Hearts support (although I wouldnt read to much into that cause that is a constant occurance), for being to light-weight and inconsistent. He is still young though so he may progress.

Big thing about CL is that he builds long term. In fact he didn't leave you in bad shape judging by subsequent results. He's reduced the average age of the squad drastically, increased the value of the squad dramatically, seems interested in the Academy players and willing to help them progress and clearly has an eye for good value when it comes to buying in.

He secured what everyone seemed to think was an excellent prioce for Connolly, replaced him immediately with another quick potential goalscorer and seems to have developed a good team spirit through his fairness and through taking time to improve players.

Not sure about his tactical acumen - he's made a few cock-ups on that score - and he's inclined towards caution which can result in the team conceding ground and therefore the initiative once the game seems potentially won.

Altogether though, he's a breath of fresh air who deserves 7.5/8 out of 10 for achievement so far.

Results may have been average but the team has infinitely more potential.

Like so many on this thread, I've come to view Hearts with affection since the connection was made through Levein and hope you can retain your position as genuine challengers to the Ugly Sisters as you call em.

Archived