Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

"An operating system wasn't found"

So, i upgraded to win 10 sometime ago and this "An operating system wasn't found" was what popped onto the screen. ive not bothered to use theat laptop again, but id like to get it working again... any deas?

Ive tried putting an old XP disc in anf telling it to boot from cd, but thats not worked?

So, i upgraded to win 10 sometime ago and this "An operating system wasn't found" was what popped onto the screen. ive not bothered to use theat laptop again, but id like to get it working again... any deas?

Ive tried putting an old XP disc in anf telling it to boot from cd, but thats not worked?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/an-operating-system-wasnt-found-after-windows-10/1e8d72d1-4757-4b37-ab3a-0f0062aca0bd?auth=1

:schmike:

Sounds like a pretty serious hard drive issue. I'm thinking you might be SOL on this one, though I'd be happy to defer to those with better experience than I.

I though so to :( 

SOL?

Thanks, but this doesnt apply as i dont have a repair disc or original disc (it was OEM). I have an old XP disc which isnt loading it

1. From a different PC, visit the Software download page and run the tool to create Windows 10 installation media.  When choosing whether to download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the tool, you want to choose the version that matches the PC that you are using to create the media – not the version of the PC that is experiencing the bluescreen.

2. Once the installation media is created, return to the device experiencing the bluescreen, and boot the device directly to the media.  (You may need to change the boot order to boot to the media.) 

Once setup starts, choose a Custom install.

If you are prompted for a product key, you can choose to skip that step.  If you were activated previously after first upgrading to Windows 10, you will be activated again once you connect online.

Performing a clean install will remove your apps, data, and settings and will put your device in the same state as if you were to perform a “Reset this PC – Remove everything”.

1. From a different PC, visit the Software download page and run the tool to create Windows 10 installation media.  When choosing whether to download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the tool, you want to choose the version that matches the PC that you are using to create the media – not the version of the PC that is experiencing the bluescreen.

2. Once the installation media is created, return to the device experiencing the bluescreen, and boot the device directly to the media.  (You may need to change the boot order to boot to the media.) 

3. Once setup starts, choose a Custom install.

4. If you are prompted for a product key, you can choose to skip that step.  If you were activated previously after first upgrading to Windows 10, you will be activated again once you connect online.

Performing a clean install will remove your apps, data, and settings and will put your device in the same state as if you were to perform a “Reset this PC – Remove everything”.

Thanks, unfortunately it wont boot from usb.

edit,

managed to start loading from cd....loads files....starts windows then has BSOD... :(

Thanks, unfortunately it wont boot from usb.

edit,

managed to start loading from cd....loads files....starts windows then has BSOD... :(

It won't? Have you gone into the bios to make sure it's high enough up in the boot priority? Have you ran hard drive diagnostics? If not download Seatools, burn it to a cd then run it

It won't? Have you gone into the bios to make sure it's high enough up in the boot priority? Have you ran hard drive diagnostics? If not download Seatools, burn it to a cd then run it

its odd, it wont let me set usb as priority.

havent run diagnostics, ill try sea tools thanks

burnt to disc... put in drive and restarted.. but didnt run, just came up with does not contain OS

burnt to disc... put in drive and restarted.. but didnt run, just came up with does not contain OS

You did download the iso and make it a bootable disc and not just a data disc with the exe on? And disc was higher priority than hard drive in boot order?

You did download the iso and make it a bootable disc and not just a data disc with the exe on? And disc was higher priority than hard drive in boot order?

hmm thanks.. lets try this again :)

went here... http://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

and downloaaded, but that looks to eb a setup file.. im doing something wrong ..right?

hmm thanks.. lets try this again :)

went here... http://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

and downloaaded, but that looks to eb a setup file.. im doing something wrong ..right?

Nope wrong one. You want http://www.seagate.com/files/www-content/support-content/downloads/seatools/_shared/downloads/SeaToolsDOS223ALL.ISO

Then make a bootable disc from that. Don't just drag the ISO onto a blank disc because then it will still just be a data disc you need to use proper software

Archived