Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frenchy_lcfc

Legends!

I would have to say Walshy because he is the only real legend I have seen. Overall, it would have to be out of Weller, Lineker, Banks, Shilton, Walshy and maybe Izzet and Elliott.

tough decision for those who have seen all of the live!

walshie where ever u may be

we"ll get u fit when we beat derby

we"ll get u fit in time for wembley

STEVIE WALSH AND HIS FOCKED UP KNEE !!!!!!!

absolute legend , no matter how many players wifes he has been thru lol

He wasn't City's best player but Irishman Derek Dougan was a decent centre-forward for City and a guy who could always lighten the atmosphere.

I remember one especially wet and muddy day he was captain and went to shake hands with his opposite number priot to spinning the coin held his hand out and missed by a metre and went sliding on along towards the edge of the centre circle.

Another time he was being tracked by two defenders who forced him wide towards the corner flag. The defenders daren't dive in but were joined by first one, then another reinforcement. With four men round him Dougan had retreated right to the corner flag where he looked up, and realising his hopeless predicament just eased the ball onto the corner spot and walked casually away. The looks on the four defenders faces were to be believed and the crowd just burst out laughing. :)

A real character Derek but he knew his job.

Nominated him previously but my all time legend was 1960's star Davie Gibson. Don't forget City reached four Cup finals in the 60's and might have won a League and Cup double but for injuries. They topped the first division and hammered the great Manchester United team with Charlton, Law, Best, Crerand the lot 6-0 one Wednesday night at Filbert Street.

Gibson, a full Scottish International at a time when Scotland were half-decent, was so good the club eventually used to engage him to do half-time demonstrations of ball skills within the centre-circle and his tricks were simply magical.

Whether the Goal-Smith turns out as good remains to be seen but I would even put Gibbo above such greats as Frank Worthington, Gary Lineker, Gordon Banks, Peter Shilton etc because he orchestrated the best side City have probably ever had.

To me he was the epitomy of what football should be about. He made the ball talk. Although very slight of build and only about 5ft 7ins his influence was mammoth even against the finest of opponents. To offer a yardstick on a scale of 0-10 with Gibson being 10, I don't think Williams would merit a point.

In fact his arrival reminded me of Goal-Smith's. He had the same effect on people. We all knew we had someone special to watch - and the rest including Arsenal legend Frank McLintock, were pretty exceptional too.

He wasn't City's best player but Irishman Derek Dougan was a decent centre-forward for City and a guy who could always lighten the atmosphere.

I remember one especially wet and muddy day he was captain and went to shake hands with his opposite number priot to spinning the coin held his hand out and missed by a metre and went sliding on along towards the edge of the centre circle.

Another time he was being tracked by two defenders who forced him wide towards the corner flag. The defenders daren't dive in but were joined by first one, then another reinforcement. With four men round him Dougan had retreated right to the corner flag where he looked up, and realising his hopeless predicament just eased the ball onto the corner spot and walked casually away. The looks on the four defenders faces were to be believed and the crowd just burst out laughing. :)

A real character Derek but he knew his job.

I remember him lining up for a corner at the far post drawing several defenders towards him, then at the very last minute running around the back of the goal to receive the corner at the near post. Don't remember it leading to a goal but it was bloody funny. lol

Jack Curtis-Taught me and my Dad at school (obviously not at the same time) then he took me and my kids on a personel tour of filbo as he remembered me when he' taught me over 25 years before- A true gentleman but i don't know about his footballing ability i'm not that old

Archived