Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MADLEVEIN

ryan smith....the kevin campbell syndrome ?

Difficult to tell. A lot will depend on what happens to Arsenal over the following months. Pennant and Bentley were hailed as the next big thing, but didn't make the grade as the Arsenal side at the time was too strong.

This season, there's no Vieira - and Henry will be off soon as well. If the Arse fail to land a Top 2 spot this season, they might have to start looking inwards to talent like Smith, rather than abroad.

If they don't retain him, he'll surely pick a bigger club than Leicester in the long-term? It's a nice thought, but I'd rate his chances of playing for City next season at about 2%. Wenger speaks too highly of him for him to languish in the Chumpionship.

Difficult to tell. A lot will depend on what happens to Arsenal over the following months. Pennant and Bentley were hailed as the next big thing, but didn't make the grade as the Arsenal side at the time was too strong.

This season, there's no Vieira - and Henry will be off soon as well. If the Arse fail to land a Top 2 spot this season, they might have to start looking inwards to talent like Smith, rather than abroad.

If they don't retain him, he'll surely pick a bigger club than Leicester in the long-term? It's a nice thought, but I'd rate his chances of playing for City next season at about 2%. Wenger speaks too highly of him for him to languish in the Chumpionship.

Your absolutely right, but it does make me wonder why Levein would say there's a possibility we could get him permanently. Levein doesn't usually say things he doesn't mean either and he doesn't usually take players on loan that he knows he hasn't any chance of signing permanently.

I think the most realistic scenario is that Wenger might let us have him for the rest of this season and next to get him ready for first team football in the premiership. To be honest it seems to me he's already ready, but Arsenal have that many quality youngsters that it's exceptionally hard for them to break through.

Perhaps a £1 million would swing him our way, but as you say there will be other clubs sniffing round him. You would just have to hope he enjoys it here and fancies being part of the Levein era.

Your absolutely right, but it does make me wonder why Levein would say there's a possibility we could get him permanently. Levein doesn't usually say things he doesn't mean either and he doesn't usually take players on loan that he knows he hasn't any chance of signing permanently.

I think the most realistic scenario is that Wenger might let us have him for the rest of this season and next to get him ready for first team football in the premiership. To be honest it seems to me he's already ready, but Arsenal have that many quality youngsters that it's exceptionally hard for them to break through.

Perhaps a £1 million would swing him our way, but as you say there will be other clubs sniffing round him. You would just have to hope he enjoys it here and fancies being part of the Levein era.

Spot on. If we finish 19th, he's not going to fancy another season of this. Assuming we're not promoted in May :whistle: , a season-long loan in 06-07 would be good, but we'd have to be winning more than we're losing to tempt him and Wenger.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd like my club to be investing in the future from within. So, probably not good news for us, but then again Wenger's track record in that department is poor.

Spot on. If we finish 19th, he's not going to fancy another season of this. Assuming we're not promoted in May :whistle: , a season-long loan in 06-07 would be good, but we'd have to be winning more than we're losing to tempt him and Wenger.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd like my club to be investing in the future from within. So, probably not good news for us, but then again Wenger's track record in that department is poor.

I don't see what Wenger's up to really. He manages to unearth some of the best talent in the world and then doesn't really play them. Lupoli scored 32 goals for them last season in the reserves and youth cup (21 in the reserves in 19 matches!!) and he has just scored back to back hat-tricks for the reserves this season and still isn't getting a sniff.

That just doesn't add up. Henry is out bolloxed and they haven't got another lethal finisher, but he still doesn't play him.

I find Wenger odd at times, I just hope he makes the oddest decision of them all and let's us have Smudger for good.

Go on Arsene you know you want to, he's often been complimentary of Leicester in the past.

i didnt manage to see kevin campbell play on loan for city but when he went back to arsenal he went on to achieve a great status in the game, hope we can keep hold of this one.

Spot on-I was only thinking the same to myself this morning

We could of actually signed Campbell permanently,but Gary McAllister didn't fancy Going to Arsenal,but then he did win the title with Leeds the next season so who can blame him.

Spot on-I was only thinking the same to myself this morning

We could of actually signed Campbell permanently,but Gary McAllister didn't fancy Going to Arsenal,but then he did win the title with Leeds the next season so who can blame him.

perhaps we could offer de-vries as a tempter :dance:

Yeh good idea-Why wait till the end of the season tell CL to get on the blower to AW now!

This is totally unrealistic. As if AW is going to risk upsetting the team, the togetherness and Thierry Henri.

You can just hear the conversation..." Thierry, MDV is coming, so you will just have to accept that more often than not, you will have to sit on the bench." (Please say this with the appropriate accent)

The problem with Smith is that if he performs well in his loan spell, then the possibility of a bigger club coming in for him will increase.

A bit like the Stuart Taylor situation to a certain extent. A lot us thought we may be able to secure him permanently, but he ended up going to Villa - this a player Wenger didn't rate. So it seems unlikely that a player Wenger does actually rate would be released to a Championship side.

If we get promoted as Nationwider said (About as likely as Michelle McManus not being tempted by a chocolate bar) then the situation would obviously change.

perhaps we could offer de-vries as a tempter :dance:

That is disgraceful that anyone would even think of selling De Vries, he's to good for Arsenal and the way the Arse are going then they won't be able to hold onto a top quality player like Smith so really he's ours for the taking. Or thats my logic at least.

Such as 'Leicester are the best team in EUROPE at set pieces'

There's only one Micky Adams...

I think it was Muzzy and not Micky he was praising. And when he said that he was referring to the past rather than the present.

Go on Arsene you know you want to, he's often been complimentary of Leicester in the past.

Like when he said in the MON-era that we 'were so boring we put people to sleep'? ;)

Archived