Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Williams

New signing Gareth Williams hopes Leicester City fans are not expecting him to fill the void left by departed hero Muzzy Izzet.

Izzet left for Birmingham this summer on a free transfer following relegation from the Premiership.

He made 319 appearances and scored 47 goals in eight years at City but opted for a move after his contract ended.

Williams has arrived from Nottingham Forest but the 22-year-old Scotland international insists he is not a player in the Izzet mould.

He said: "We're very different players and I don't feel I'm coming here to fill anyone's shoes.

"Muzzy was a big player here and I don't want to put myself under any pressure by announcing I'm here to replace him.

"I'm my own player and I hope the fans appreciate that."

Source - http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/scripts/news/...ls.asp?id=15065

I don't think any of us think he will play like Muzzy. For a start, he's not a great tackler (Neither was Muzzy really) but apparently Williams hates that side of the game where he has to get stuck in. Williams probably isn't as quick as Muzzy, and perhaps doesn't have his level of energy either. Probably one area Williams exceeds in would be his passing ability. He can spray the ball all over the pitch with pinpoint accuracy, where Muzzy was a bit hit and miss in that area.

before we judge the lad maybe we should see him

I've seen him play a few times for Forest.

your second team?

No, silly - That's Teeno! :lol:

On the TV. ;)

your second team?

On the TV. ;)

Do ya wanna punch?

More like a slap. :rolleyes:

your second team?

On the TV. ;)

Do ya wanna punch?

More like a slap. :rolleyes:

Oh you wanna slap then?

He will never reach Muzzy's heights, simple as that!

He is a good player but a totally different kind of player to Izzet.

How do you know? Did you think muz would have been as good as he was when we first got him?

Archived