Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Mystery Men Solved

But that odd one may eventually be bought by the larger club for millions - so protecting future income is vital & at the same time it is also protecting us fans as well, so we get to see the best young players flourish.

Seeing Stearman, Sheehan, Weso & Chambo breaking through is certainly the highlight of my season so far

Well if they're that good then it's an inevitable consequence for a club like Leicester, I would suspect their value would rise in proportion to the level/quality of publicity they get so keeping them under wraps is probably counter productive. As you can see from the England U16 thread if they are good enough there is nothing you can do to stop the media steamroller and certainly posting a team sheet up at an Academy game is like trying to plug a volcano with a cork.

Well if they're that good then it's an inevitable consequence for a club like Leicester, I would suspect their value would rise in proportion to the level/quality of publicity they get so keeping them under wraps is probably counter productive. As you can see from the England U16 thread if they are good enough there is nothing you can do to stop the media steamroller and certainly posting a team sheet up at an Academy game is like trying to plug a volcano with a cork.

:w00t: :w00t: :laugh: lol:D;):thumbup:

Sorry to harp on about it, but the original explanation, as disseminated by the Foxes Trust, was so plain daft I feel the strong urge to point out the flaws. ;):thumbup:

:w00t: :w00t: :laugh: lol:D;):thumbup:

Sorry to harp on about it, but the original explanation, as disseminated by the Foxes Trust, was so plain daft I feel the strong urge to point out the flaws. ;):thumbup:

I think we are of like minds on this Steven, but it will be to no avail as there is no chance what so ever of them changing their minds.

Perhaps we should recruit Agent Lisa to take it up.

Sane conclusion to all this, having read the debate is that hiding young proteges is impossible and probably counter productive. So stop being lazy City and get some team sheets out so the fans can identify the guys they've turned out to watch. That's at Academy and Reserve games.

It may - unless it is already the case - also have raised an issue related to "Code of Conduct" that might be the subject of a City-led campaign whereby it is agreed that no young player properly attached to a League club shall be the subject of a public or clandestine approach by any club.

In other words, once signed, they were permanently attached til the age of whatever, except in exceptional circumstances. An apprenticeship in effect.

This would be in recognition of the time, effort and money required to develop these players and the need for stability in their lives during a period which also takes in time for their education.

Precisely how this could be made to work and whether it must inevitably come under the official umbrella of the football authorities I sure could be worked out.

My apologies if, as I say, this or similar is already the case. I've been a long way away from football administration these last few years.

Archived