Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Mystery Men Solved

We raised the 'lack of team sheets' issue with the club today & got a call back explaining why.

It is true that the club used to give out team sheets at Academy games however the people that found them beneficial were not fans...

a) Other clubs scouts - having easily identified who was who, they then proceeded to try & steal our best prospects. As we are managing to generate some much better prospects at present, the top Premier clubs have been sniffing around & got close to grabbing one of our players.

b) Agents - touting for business, again watch games for the bright prospects & then try & get them on their books & make themselves money.

Obviously neither of these match watchers are in the clubs interests & therefore they stopped issuing team sheets. The club did apologise that fans are getting caught up in this problem, but both cases are growing rapdily in recent seasons.

The club naturally want to keep their bright prospects here

For info it was the U18 & U16's playing on Saturday & not the reserves who play at Hinckley.

But surely it wouldn't be too hard for a scout to know who's who if they're talented enough? Chambo's playing in the Victory Shield for England soon isn't he? And those games are shown on Sky which I'm sure will let the viewers know who's who and what clubs they play for. "Number 9 for England tonight is Ash Chambers of Leicester City". Chambo has a good game and the scouts get themselves down to Belvoir Drive to have another couple of looks at him. It wouldn't be hard to know which players are the talented ones. Plus, if a scout asked some Leicester fans at an academy game who the lad upfront is they'd probably know it's Chambo due to his appearance for the first team. If a lad's good enough scouts will know about them.

It makes no sense at all. The good players will always be identified and sought out by agents, other clubs and alike. In fact what it does do is a disservice to the average to non-quite top player, because they always remain anonymous. :huh::unsure:;):thumbup:

It makes no sense at all. The good players will always be identified and sought out by agents, other clubs and alike. In fact what it does is do is to the average to non-quite top player a disservice because they always remain anonymous. :huh::unsure:;):thumbup:

I am glad you saw the sarchasm in my statement above :):P:D:):thumbup:

We raised the 'lack of team sheets' issue with the club today & got a call back explaining why.

It is true that the club used to give out team sheets at Academy games however the people that found them beneficial were not fans...

a) Other clubs scouts - having easily identified who was who, they then proceeded to try & steal our best prospects. As we are managing to generate some much better prospects at present, the top Premier clubs have been sniffing around & got close to grabbing one of our players.

b) Agents - touting for business, again watch games for the bright prospects & then try & get them on their books & make themselves money.

Obviously neither of these match watchers are in the clubs interests & therefore they stopped issuing team sheets. The club did apologise that fans are getting caught up in this problem, but both cases are growing rapdily in recent seasons.

The club naturally want to keep their bright prospects here

For info it was the U18 & U16's playing on Saturday & not the reserves who play at Hinckley.

So what are they saying? Do we have to prove we are fans and then we can have a team sheet. Or do they want someone to sort out the agents?.

I'm sorry but that seems to me to be weak excuse and offers opportunities for the club to treat players in a second rate way.

The club should be confident in it's ability to provide excellent training, indiviidual development on all levels, financial rewards and opportunity to progress so that any approaches would be automatically dismissed.

In that respect they should be no different to other employers competing for limited resources, as a none football playing worker if I'm treated correctly by my employer and the job is interesting I will stay.

LCFC don't even have the basic problem of making the job interesting.

If they are of school attending age then it's basically all about care, attention to detail, opportunity and respect.

Sure you may lose the odd one to a 'bigger club' but that is the nature of the beast and wont be prevented by not publishing team lists, after all they are posted on website and with the FA/FL within a few days , I'm sure if a club is that keen to recruit they'll wait that long.

Agents and scouts may well be able to find out the names of players without a team-sheet but I don't think the club should be making their job any easier.

Fans not knowing the names of up coming players may also help in holding back any premature prima donnas.

Agents and scouts may well be able to find out the names of players without a team-sheet but I don't think the club should be making their job any easier.

Fans not knowing the names of up coming players may also help in holding back any premature prima donnas.

There may be something in that. ;):thumbup:

Well said.

I think this explanation is quite valid, well done to the FT for bringing this to our attention.

Yes the best players will get spotted eventually, esp players like Chambo, Weso and Stearman who have played internationally at youth level. Agents are bound to see them on TV or watch them in action.

But it's the other players that agents/other clubs won't be aware of (as much). Just because players aren't playing internationally at under 17/18 level it doesn't mean they are bad players. But clubs aren't going to their send scouts to watch LCFC academy games every week on the off chance that they may spot someone. They will want a name before clubs/agents go to the lengths of coming down to the training ground to see a player in action.

I wonder who the player is that nearly left us? I hazard a guess it was Chambers, hands off ya bastards.

I heard a lad at my school who used to play with Chambo a few years ago at City say that his mother wouldn't let him leave City until he was a certain age anyway. Not sure how accurate that is but I can think of many reasons why she might prefer her son to stay at Leicester until he got a bit older.

I heard a lad at my school who used to play with Chambo a few years ago at City say that his mother wouldn't let him leave City until he was a certain age anyway. Not sure how accurate that is but I can think of many reasons why she might prefer her son to stay at Leicester until he got a bit older.

Good on ya Ma Chambers.

Don't let him leave home until he's at least 21

I'm sorry but that seems to me to be weak excuse and offers opportunities for the club to treat players in a second rate way.

The club should be confident in it's ability to provide excellent training, indiviidual development on all levels, financial rewards and opportunity to progress so that any approaches would be automatically dismissed.

In that respect they should be no different to other employers competing for limited resources, as a none football playing worker if I'm treated correctly by my employer and the job is interesting I will stay.

LCFC don't even have the basic problem of making the job interesting.

If they are of school attending age then it's basically all about care, attention to detail, opportunity and respect.

Sure you may lose the odd one to a 'bigger club' but that is the nature of the beast and wont be prevented by not publishing team lists, after all they are posted on website and with the FA/FL within a few days , I'm sure if a club is that keen to recruit they'll wait that long.

Well put Davieg. If we have players that we have that we know are good and frightened about being scouted then shouldnt we have signed them to a preconract agreement ??? And what,suddenly scouts and agents have only appeared on the scene in the last 6 months!Someones not very clever at the Academy.

Well put Davieg. If we have players that we have that we know are good and frightened about being scouted then shouldnt we have signed them to a preconract agreement ??? And what,suddenly scouts and agents have only appeared on the scene in the last 6 months!Someones not very clever at the Academy.

There are limits to what contracts can be offered at a young age.

As a further example, the club considered that players U16 should not even wear numbers to make indentification even harder.

Well said.

I think this explanation is quite valid, well done to the FT for bringing this to our attention.

Yes the best players will get spotted eventually, esp players like Chambo, Weso and Stearman who have played internationally at youth level. Agents are bound to see them on TV or watch them in action.

But it's the other players that agents/other clubs won't be aware of (as much). Just because players aren't playing internationally at under 17/18 level it doesn't mean they are bad players. But clubs aren't going to their send scouts to watch LCFC academy games every week on the off chance that they may spot someone. They will want a name before clubs/agents go to the lengths of coming down to the training ground to see a player in action.

Spot on Anish, its exactly as you have stated, other clubs/scouts would already be well aware of Chambo by now. Big clubs have been monitoring Stearman since he was 15.

It is the next level of talent the club is trying to conceal.

For the record, the 'near steal' wasn't Chambo, but came from this next level. But we won't name the player involved, scouts may be reading!

But that odd one may eventually be bought by the larger club for millions - so protecting future income is vital & at the same time it is also protecting us fans as well, so we get to see the best young players flourish.

Seeing Stearman, Sheehan, Weso & Chambo breaking through is certainly the highlight of my season so far

I don't really see the big issue surrounding the team lists.

Those who regularly go and watch the youth teams will be familiar with the players involved.

If not, then the OS will produce the team line ups, reports and highlights on LCFC World.

Personally, I think it's a good idea not to disclose the team line up, as per the reasons provided by the Foxes Trust.

I don't really see the big issue surrounding the team lists.

Those who regularly go and watch the youth teams will be familiar with the players involved.

If not, then the OS will produce the team line ups, reports and highlights on LCFC World.

Personally, I think it's a good idea not to disclose the team line up, as per the reasons provided by the Foxes Trust.

Last weekend there was a big deal made of the Academy on the OS in the absence of any Fizzy action. The idea so the blurb said was to get people along to see the Academy in action. So what happens when somebody turns up, they haven't a clue what is going on.

Last weekend there was a big deal made of the Academy on the OS in the absence of any Fizzy action. The idea so the blurb said was to get people along to see the Academy in action. So what happens when somebody turns up, they haven't a clue what is going on.

They could try using their initiative. Maybe ask people around them if they had a burning desire to identify players?

They could try using their initiative. Maybe ask people around them if they had a burning desire to identify players?

I tried that but many had no idea themselves.

Young girls around 16 seem to be the most knowledgeable about academy players' names :)

Archived