Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scarby

football

:blink: yahoo

If you don't understand soccer's offside rule, don't ask a man -- find a woman.

British women are top of the table when it comes to knowledge about the beautiful game, relegating their menfolk to second spot, according to a survey released on Wednesday.

Research found that 59 percent of women could correctly identify the offside law -- one of the game's hardest to comprehend -- as opposed to just 55 percent of men.

Also 65 percent of women correctly used

the title assistant referee, while 40 percent of men wrongly referred to the official as a "linesman".

"I've never understood the big fuss surrounding whether girls know what they're talking about when it comes to football because it was my mum who taught me the offside rule when I was a kid," said Sky Sports presenter Helen Chamberlain.

However when it came to team strip, the men were way ahead. More than 80 percent of men could correctly identify the kits of the 20 Premiership teams compared to just 33 percent of women, the survey of 2,000 customers of sports bar Walkabout found.

:blink: yahoo

If you don't understand soccer's offside rule, don't ask a man -- find a woman.

British women are top of the table when it comes to knowledge about the beautiful game, relegating their menfolk to second spot, according to a survey released on Wednesday.

Research found that 59 percent of women could correctly identify the offside law -- one of the game's hardest to comprehend -- as opposed to just 55 percent of men.

Also 65 percent of women correctly used

the title assistant referee, while 40 percent of men wrongly referred to the official as a "linesman".

"I've never understood the big fuss surrounding whether girls know what they're talking about when it comes to football because it was my mum who taught me the offside rule when I was a kid," said Sky Sports presenter Helen Chamberlain.

However when it came to team strip, the men were way ahead. More than 80 percent of men could correctly identify the kits of the 20 Premiership teams compared to just 33 percent of women, the survey of 2,000 customers of sports bar Walkabout found.

What's it matter if the person on the perimeter of a football pitch is a linesman or an assistant referee?

He was a linesman for years then someone, with nothing better to do, insisted on manipulating the puppets and insisting we call em assistant referees. Since when did a linesman NOT assist the referee.

All we got was a two word description instead of one.

It was the same when dustmen became refuse disposal operatives except it was three words instead of one. All it reflects is that the powers-that-be can make us all stand on our heads and dance jiggs in shit if they want us to.

Why, they can even shoot us in the street in cold blood. They can send us to war on a tissue of lies they can steal the bigger part of our earnings to help give £11,000 to kids carrying knives in school.

You think these changes of terminaology matter nothing?. They do matter. They say that "we are in control" and "we will change any aspect of your life that suits us whether you like it or not".

Well, they're still linesmen and dustmen to me - whatever the bright young ladies think - for no other reason than I detest being manipulated, I know when I'm being lied to and I don't like the idea of people being randomly shot in the street.

Democracy is fine when it's by the people and for the people. When, as so often in Europe, its by the opportunists for nothing but themselves it makes me sick.

As for the generic notion that women know more about football than men, I don't need a survey to work out the correct answer to that one.

Women have many strengths but knowing more about football isn't one of them.

I could make a survey say everyone should vote Labour if I only asked Labour Party activists.

And even a random poll could, by definition, just happen to be randomly misleading.

Anyway before any ladies get all hot and bothered and suggest I'm a sexist rather than a realist which is patently untrue, I'd ask this.

Would you pit your best 10 against the best 10 a guy could find to answer questions on football - for a prize of, say, £1,000 that you have donated?

Archived