Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TeamRocket

PPI

Hi

I dont know if there is a forum for this but really need help i had a loan from HFC bank(part of hsbc now) about 5k but my repayment was like 10k or summit stupid which i didnt notice 1st was desperate n needed cash at the time but was able to get an early settlement due to my wife n mil paying most of it off but had like 1k left but was told i wouldnt be able to get a loan for 3 to 4 years again(never did) so its been like 7 or 8 years now and i noticed when going throw some papers in the case that hfc loan agreemen lettet was there n i was miss sold ppi and life insures. Would i be Able to still claim for ppi even tho i had an agreement in place to pay it off early?? It would be nice if i could be able pay back ppl n save summit for morage

I can't see why not. If it was mis sold it was mis sold. 

Have a look on the money saving expert site to reclaim yourself rather than losing 25% to some dodgy company.

My mate contacted his bank (one of the big ones, cannot remember which one) with details of a loan he'd had, and just asked them to have a look at it without even accusing them of misselling, and they paid out just like that.

For a lot of institutions it seems cheaper for them to just fork out rather than investigate

I took out a loan from HSBC in about 2006.  It was only when I read the paperwork in more detail that I realised I was paying about £30 a month for PPI.  I never asked for it & it was never mentioned when I took out the loan, so went down the bank & said I wanted it removed.  I had already paid a couple of loan repayments & were reluctant to do so, until I mentioned "mis-sold".  They cancelled the loan & I took out another loan without the PPI.  I never really thought about it again until about 4 years ago when I got a phone call from my bank, asking about PPI.  I told them about my loan & said I had paid about £60 for PPI I thought I had been mis-sold.  They sent me a form that I filled in but I wasn't too bothered, as it was only a small amount of money.  

I had completely forgotten about it.  About a year ago, I received a letter from HSBC that contained a cheque for £2400.

I don't know how they came up with that figure, when I had only paid about £60 in PPI, but I wasn't complaining.

Like others have said, I would just speak to your bank.  They may pay out, they may not.......but you've got nothing to lose.

Archived