Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

National Cerebral Palsy Football League

Bit of a shameless plug/plea for players coming up:

I'm a coach for an over 16's Cerebral Palsy Football team and we have just entered into a National 7-a-side League, but we have a bit of a player shortage.

Our team is based in Bingham in Nottinghamshire and the national League fixtures take place in Sheffield.

If you or anyone you know has Cerebral Palsy and are interested in playing in this league for us (it's fairly competitive and a lot of the England CP teams players play for some of the other teams - games are also attended by the national team coaches) then please do let me know asap as the first fixture date is at the end of this month!

Also, we run weekly Pan disability sessions for all ages if anyone wants to get involved in that too (playing or coaching) - we are also involved in under & over 16's Pan Disability leagues!

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Like 4

Unfortunately I cannot answer your call for more players but it would be good if you post about this sometimes-  I have enjoyed Izzy's posts about his experiences of coaching his kid's team so I am sure that I and many others will enjoy hearing about yours.    I also bought a book by Jim White entitled You cannot win anything with kids which was a right laugh especially with an anecdote about a Spurs fan which was a bit of a tool as well.    

11 hours ago, The Blur said:

Unfortunately I cannot answer your call for more players but it would be good if you post about this sometimes-  I have enjoyed Izzy's posts about his experiences of coaching his kid's team so I am sure that I and many others will enjoy hearing about yours.    I also bought a book by Jim White entitled You cannot win anything with kids which was a right laugh especially with an anecdote about a Spurs fan which was a bit of a tool as well.    

Not a bad idea! I'll use this thread to write match reports from the teams games!

One interesting thing of note happened last night, we have managed to get a player to come back and play in our CP team for the tournament at the end of the month. The lad used to train with us from a young age but left when he was 16 to concentrate on athletics. He's just been crowned world champion in long jump at the World Para Athletics Junior Championships in Switzerland.

He managed to sweet talk his coach into letting him come back and play for us again!