Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Daniel

Posters On This Forum...

Ive now been warned by a higher member of this site for calling somebody a sausage jockey.

I want to know why people wind me up and get me to bite like i do?

I called the guy a sausage jockey, as he knew every item of clothing i was wearing and where i was, i think that is rather sick in a way, im sorry for using the offensive term 'sausage jockey' and in future will say homosexual.

Ive got to the point where i cant post without someone coming in to wind me up, can people just tell me what they think of me so i know where i stand with people, i have tried my hardest since coming back and i feel that people want me to bite again and get that final ban.

So let the comments roll...

O.K BM I like having discussions with you sometimes, you can be alright but also a bit of a knob, for example I dislike how you act moderator sometimes, in one thread you had a right go at someone for repeating a post that had been done before, uncalled for. In the Chav post you had a go at MuzzyMagic for agreeing with you! read before you post, I do appreciate your avatar and banner making and so on, you are a valuable member of this forum (unlike me)..... you are just a little erratic ^_^ and yes you have improved since you've been back.

Ive now been warned by a higher member of this site for calling somebody a sausage jockey.

I want to know why people wind me up and get me to bite like i do?

I called the guy a sausage jockey, as he knew every item of clothing i was wearing and where i was, i think that is rather sick in a way, im sorry for using the offensive term 'sausage jockey' and in future will say homosexual.

Ive got to the point where i cant post without someone coming in to wind me up, can people just tell me what they think of me so i know where i stand with people, i have tried my hardest since coming back and i feel that people want me to bite again and get that final ban.

So let the comments roll...

18657[/snapback]

Aside from your Adams out crap (which I don't agree with even remotely) I would say you are an honest poster. At least you speak your mind, and importantly the truth (even if your version differs from mine).

In many ways you remind me of myself about 4 years ago. I used to let myself down by always biting at peoples remarks. I always used to vocalise the way I felt about them by swearing...much like you do. But I realised that people take you much more seriously if you don't rise to their comments and if you can make an argument without punctuating your sentences with the F word. If you can do that you'll be sound.

Keep posting because I am always interested to read what you write, even if I don't always agree. I am also super chuffed with my screensaver :thumbup:

BM - I think you take things a little too seriously sometimes.

You need to read between the lines on some posts honey.

Just chill, bite your tongue and don't reply - it hurts more when peoples threads are ignored!

I like you , you make me laugh.

BM - I think you take things a little too seriously sometimes.

You need to read between the lines on some posts honey.

Just chill, bite your tongue and don't reply - it hurts more when peoples threads are ignored!

I like you , you make me laugh.

18693[/snapback]

Thats what my mum says!!! Except the threads bit normally its when you ignore peoples comments :lol:

Thank you for the comments guys and i appreciate the advice, im glad you gave me your opinions and i respect what you think.

If you dont like me, just say tell me why and ill try my best to get along with you in the future.

Im glad some people realise im a valuable poster and that im honest with what i say.

Keep the comments rolling and ill keep trying my best. :)

Back of the net!

Don't let the bar stewards grind you down!!

Even if it does come from somebody who bites quicker than a starved Rottweiler!!

Brilliant, thank you.

Just the kind of poster i love.

Im inventing a new hand, and whoever gives me shit gets it.

annoy.jpg

Ok, I've only been here a little while, but from what I've seen, occasionally you can take things a little too seriously, like the Aquasutum/Aquascrotum incident.

But apart from that, I don't have any otehr real important things to say.

Except that sausage jockey made me giggle like a giddy schoolgirl, ha.

Thank you for the comments guys and i appreciate the advice, im glad you gave me your opinions and i respect what you think.

If you dont like me, just say tell me why and ill try my best to get along with you in the future.

Im glad some people realise im a valuable poster and that im honest with what i say.

Keep the comments rolling and ill keep trying my best. :)

Back of the net!

18716[/snapback]

You shouldn't change who you are...just phrase it differently :D

Don't let the bar stewards grind you down!!

Even if it does come from somebody who bites quicker than a starved Rottweiler!!

Brilliant, thank you.

Just the kind of poster i love.

Im inventing a new hand, and whoever gives me shit gets it.

annoy.jpg

18755[/snapback]

Come on mate, it's really not fair on us showing that picture, some of us eat at the computer screen :thumbup:

Very very rarely do I look in this forum and how glad I am that I did it today.

Cards on the table (and anyone who can be bothered to look back will know anyway) It was me you called a sausage jockey and yes I felt that it was misplaced in terms of the board rules.

What I did though was to try and not inflame the situation by posting publicly. I did what was suggested in the terms of the board rules, I highlighted it to a moderator rather than going public and creating even more friction. However, your reaction has negated all of that now. So please allow me to join this love-in.

For me BM, you can call me most things to my face but you’ve got to choose your words more carefully when you go public because I felt that the term you used may cause offence to others.

My sexuality is nothing to do with anybody other than me, my wife and my boyfriend.

Remember Manchester Blue’s short lived stay on the boards for using a term that others deemed to be racist but he didn’t? Well some people may find certain phrases to be homophobic and that is equally as bad.

As for knowing what you were wearing, BM you were sat right next to me for some of the afternoon so it was hard not to see you. Maybe I should have said hello and shook your hand or something but that’s passed now. Maybe I just couldn’t bring myself to do it because you said you hoped that City lost (and that's as bad as insulting my mother).

As for the board, well I honestly think it would be a worse place without you because I find your views entertaining. You are undoubtedly the king of graphics but (like most people at times) you don’t seem to think through everything that you say.

I was hoping that a moderator may just contact you and ask you not to use inappropriate phraseology and that would be that but it seems that was not to be.

I ws just annoyed that you had to report this, trying to get me in shit when you were not offended by it yourself.

If somebody is offended by it and they report, thats simple enough.

Why not send me a message asking me why i said it and not to do it again?

You know im on my last warning so by doing what you did it feels like you wanted me banned.

Thank you.

Very very rarely do I look in this forum and how glad I am that I did it today.

Cards on the table (and anyone who can be bothered to look back will know anyway) It was me you called a sausage jockey and yes I felt that it was misplaced in terms of the board rules.

What I did though was to try and not inflame the situation by posting publicly. I did what was suggested in the terms of the board rules, I highlighted it to a moderator rather than going public and creating even more friction. However, your reaction has negated all of that now. So please allow me to join this love-in.

For me BM, you can call me most things to my face but you’ve got to choose your words more carefully when you go public because I felt that the term you used may cause offence to others.

My sexuality is nothing to do with anybody other than me, my wife and my boyfriend.

Remember Manchester Blue’s short lived stay on the boards for using a term that others deemed to be racist but he didn’t? Well some people may find certain phrases to be homophobic and that is equally as bad.

As for knowing what you were wearing, BM you were sat right next to me for some of the afternoon so it was hard not to see you. Maybe I should have said hello and shook your hand or something but that’s passed now. Maybe I just couldn’t bring myself to do it because you said you hoped that City lost (and that's as bad as insulting my mother).

As for the board, well I honestly think it would be a worse place without you because I find your views entertaining. You are undoubtedly the king of graphics but (like most people at times) you don’t seem to think through everything that you say.

I was hoping that a moderator may just contact you and ask you not to use inappropriate phraseology and that would be that but it seems that was not to be.

18921[/snapback]

Well if it's rats on the table time and it would appear that this the case, then let it be known that I was/am the moderator on this case. So that everyone is clear about this and hopefully this will draw aline under it I have decided rightly or wrongly to post my responses to this issue.

Firstly my response to hullfox's original complaint:

Hi hullfox,

I take note of your comments, and have forwarded them to Scowy and Petrescu so that a decision can be agreed.

I believe that BM's language in this instance probably was inappropriate and could be deemed offensive to some and will recommend its removal.

I should point out though, that a number of poster on here seem to delight in 'ganging, up and baiting BM to a point where he feels he needs to retaliate, which is what, in my opinion happened here.

Obviously everyone should be able to accept a degree of banter but there should be an effort made by all to avoid this ganging up and personal abuse, BM obviously feels that, on what was a purely football thread commenting on his choice of clothing was just that. I can accept that you might not feel this to be the case, the point is though that he did, just like you felt his comments were inappropriate.

Regards

davieG

Secondly my message to BlueMistress:

Hi BlueMistress,

I'm dissappointed in having to contact you regarding a complaint received on your use of language in the following topic

------------------------------------------------

Topic: The bloke on Row L near seat 30

Link to post: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...t=0entry18379

Report:

Whilst I don't mind banter taking place, this post has a homophobic intent and is wholly inappropriate for these boards.

(i.e. 'sausage jockey'). This has now been removed.

Now I'm pretty sure you didn't intend to offend anyone but never the less that has happened, You have obviously tried hard to improve the quality of your postings but are still suffering from the occaisional slip as in this case. No warning is being issued but can you please think twice before you post and consider whether you are likely to offend. You will see below the reply I've sent to the person who complained and will notice that I believe you were provoked somewhat. You really must learn not to 'take the bait' in these cases if you ignore these comments you will find that the person posting them will be the one that looks foolish. An analogy might be a footballer reacting to bad tackle and ending up with a red card whilst the original perpetrator walks away free.

OK enough of the lecture enjoy your posting but be careful you don't cause offence.

regards

davieG

Finally my response to BlueMistress on starting this thread:

BM was it really necessary to post that, you are only going to provoke people and make it worse. I've already pointed out the baiting point to the complainant.

You should have more control of your feelings, let other people do the moaning and rise above it. If I were you I'd delete what you have written and let things settle down.

If you would like me to delete it drop me a reply

davieG

To which BM replied to the effect that he needed to know what people felt about him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY FINAL comments on this subject.

I hope in future that, on the one hand people take more care with their use of language and whether they are going to offend people, but on the other hand people should learn not to be so sensitive and rise to posts they consider to be too personal or offensive.

Perhaps if people thought, would I like my mother, mum, guardian, auntie etc to know I'm writing this there would be less risk of causing offence.

I propose that we now draw a line under this!

DavieG you have been great on the case and handled it all very well, just no need for him to cause all this in the first place if he was not offended by it.

Archived