Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LanguedocFox

Playing my music files through my TV

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

I've got loads of music files on my PC that I've collected over the years by copying my my CDs and borrowed CDs etc etc. Is there any way of playing those files though something like a TV rather than through my computer's speakers?

Thanks for any advice

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

I've got loads of music files on my PC that I've collected over the years by copying my my CDs and borrowed CDs etc etc. Is there any way of playing those files though something like a TV rather than through my computer's speakers?

Thanks for any advice

How close is the PC? You can plug an HDMI into the pc from the tv and do it that way.

Does the TV has USB ports? If so you could copy them from your pc onto the USB then put it in the TV and play it that way.

15 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How close is the PC? You can plug an HDMI into the pc from the tv and do it that way.

Does the TV has USB ports? If so you could copy them from your pc onto the USB then put it in the TV and play it that way.

Thanks for this. The PC and TV are on different floors but the TV has a USB slot so I’ll try that and let you know how it get on.

Thanks again 

22 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

Thanks for any advice

Is it a Smart tv?

If so, maybe this - https://www.support.com/how-to/how-to-connect-smart-tv-to-windows-dlna-media-server-12557

Never done it myself mind. :dunno:

On 01/12/2020 at 20:17, Leicester_Loyal said:

On 02/12/2020 at 17:17, Dahnsouff said:

Is it a Smart tv?

If so, maybe this - https://www.support.com/how-to/how-to-connect-smart-tv-to-windows-dlna-media-server-12557

Never done it myself mind. :dunno:

Thanks for this. The TV’s a few years old but it probably qualifies. I’ll let you know.

On 01/12/2020 at 20:17, Leicester_Loyal said:

Thanks again. Worked well with a USB stick.