Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Chelsea ordered to pay for 3 whizz-kids

From BBC Sport

Chelsea must pay for young trio

Chelsea could end up paying more than £2.5m for three teenage stars after a hearing in front of the Football League appeals committee.

The Premiership champions have been told to pay an initial £200,000 for Bristol Rovers' Scott Sinclair and £150,000 for Stockport's Harry Worley.

Gillingham's Ryan Bertrand will cost them an initial £125,000.

But the fees could rise considerably if the youngsters prove to be a success under Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge.

Stockport manager Chris Turner was satisfied with the outcome of the tribunal: "It's been a fair outcome for us. Ideally we would prefer the player to stay but I think we got fair monies up front.

"There's enormous potential, that's why we offered him a deal we had never offered a young player before, in terms of giving him a professional contract straight away at 17.

"This season he would have been progressing into our first-team squad like James Tunnicliffe is.

"It goes without saying, he's going to find a lot harder to progress to the Chelsea first team than he would have at Stockport.

"But he's got all the trappings of success around him down there and it can only give him good experience."

The fact that Chelsea have snapped up these players suggests that they know about a lot of young talent. Maybe they also have their eye on Chambers :ph34r:

From BBC Sport

The fact that Chelsea have snapped up these players suggests that they know about a lot of young alent. Maybe they also have their eye on Chambers :ph34r:

I do worry about something like that happening, especially with him appearing on TV so much recently.

It does worry me i would love to see our young players play a good few seasons with us and then move on atleast (unless they are useless which none are what ive seen) if they were to offer money that we couldnt turn down then we would have to accept it although it is like peanuts to teams like chelsea it means alot more to us to see our young players rise throught the ranks into the first team.

From BBC Sport

The fact that Chelsea have snapped up these players suggests that they know about a lot of young talent. Maybe they also have their eye on Chambers :ph34r:

It also means that money rules, Chelsea have an unlimited supply so bollocks to the rest of us.

This is a situation where the FA ought to take action unfortunately like our MPs they are too busy polishing their egos and care not one jot for anything outside Internationals and where their next free meal is coming from. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Even though they will be surrounded by good coaches and players, I don't think it's good for their development.

They should stay at their respective clubs and progress naturally, like all good young players should.

Look at Theo Walcot, he turned down Chelsea, and look where he is now! And he will get better with first team football, unlike the others, who will be playing non-competitive youth games and not progressing as they should.

It's a shame really, as these players will probably not burst onto the scene until they are 23 or thereabouts, at which time it will be too late for their development. The message for all young hot-shots should be to stay with their clubs, and progress properly. Their talents are wasted at Chelsea.

Even though they will be surrounded by good coaches and players, I don't think it's good for their development.

They should stay at their respective clubs and progress naturally, like all good young players should.

Look at Theo Walcot, he turned down Chelsea, and look where he is now! And he will get better with first team football, unlike the others, who will be playing non-competitive youth games and not progressing as they should.

It's a shame really, as these players will probably not burst onto the scene until they are 23 or thereabouts, at which time it will be too late for their development. The message for all young hot-shots should be to stay with their clubs, and progress properly. Their talents are wasted at Chelsea.

Couldn't agree more. It must sound like the Promised Land to be courted by Chelsea but so often it's a journey into oblivion. Stay where you're gonna look special is my advice. Mind you the lesser clubs could help themselves by actually playing the youngsters who deserve to get in the team and looking to their Academy strikers before they waste money on guys who can't score!!!

Archived