Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

Coyne Gone !

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=214333

Burnley have completed the signing of Leicester City goalkeeper Danny Coyne on a three-year contract.

The Wales international has penned the terms on offer at Turf Moor after Leicester landed veteran shot-stopper Kevin Pressman from Sheffield Wednesday.

The Clarets had agreed the deal with Leicester, worth around £25,000, several weeks ago but had to wait for The Foxes to bring in a replacement.

With Pressman on board, Micky Adams gave the signal for Coyne to complete his switch to the fellow Championship side.

Coyne will now join his new team-mates for training on Monday and Burnley boss Steve Cotterill is happy to have finally clinched the 30-year-old's signature.

"Everything is now agreed with Leicester City and Danny will be joining us to begin training on Monday," Cotterill told the club's official website.

"I'm delighted to have him in the squad and it's taken a while to get him here.

"He is a terrific goalkeeper and one that I earmarked to come in here, so we're pleased to have him.

"We needed another goalkeeper, because we only had Brian (Jensen) before and Danny is an international, who will be fighting to be number one for Wales this season.

"He is a very good signing for us.

"To be fair to Leicester, they had to find another goalkeeper before they could let Danny leave.

"I had the word of both Micky Adams and Dave Bassett that the deal would go through though and some things are worth waiting for, such as Danny."

Im disapointed in letting Danny go ! I dont blame Coyne at all but the club need to sort it out , £25,000 for him thats disgraceful ! :angry:

£25k is bloody shocking for a proven, international keeper still under contract.

Have no idea why we've let him go so cheaply.

Just seems to me that Micky got pissed off with him and so took the first bid to come on the table. :(

Just read what he said when he joined.

"The manager has made it clear that Ian is number one and I am here as back up"

So - Mickey was straight from the start, it's Danny Boy who changed his mind.

Yes, like nearly everybody else I'd have preferred him to stay but he wanted to leave. Not Mickey, not Bassett, him. Mickey has always stated that he does not want players at the club who don't want to be there and that is right.

As for £25K, it does seem very low and I'd like to know why the club think it is enough.

He isn't a proven international keeper, he is the Welsh back up.......not saying much! He really isn't very good either, I don't see why people rate him.

Plus he is a disloyal twat! We have a go at Dickov and Scimeca for being disloyal but this player clearly didn't want to play for Leicester and fight for his place!

I'm glad he has gone.

i think the price is so low cause micky is doing cotterall a favour letting him go for 25k

He shouldnt be thinking about personal matters. Nor Bassett, he has done enough of that recommendating his old brigade from Forest and Barnsley.

Archived