Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

Keane in shock exit from Man Utd

Passionate and capable player in his time and much touted as a potential manager, but I'm not sure.

I wonder how many guys are going to want to play for him for a start.

Everything he said in his so-destructive recent interview - and in other outbursts - may have been justified and may have been true.

But making such comments in public was a disgrace. The way he abandoned Mick McCarthy and his international team-mates was also a disgrace.

I wonder how he will react should one of his players give him a verbal lashing in public. Will he whack em or will he be simply be hypocritical and leave them out of the side for disloyalty and for undermining team spirit?.

People have compared him with Stuart Pearce and I'd agree that you'd struggle to find two more aggressive, more committed or more successful footballers.

But Pearce has qualities Keane will never have - like tact, dignity and diplomacy. Can't imagine Pearce would be quietly indifferent to a poor performance (from team or individual) but I imagine all his exocets would be launched behind closed doors - and in specific directions.

Keane in destruction mode has to take out everything - including his own credibility.

Is there a board of directors daft enough to let him have a key to the "missiles" in their club?

If so, they'd best be aware that when Keane pushes the button, they could as easily be in the firing line as any of the players.

He's like phospherous - leave him in the open air and he'll snap, crackle and pop in all directions leaving scorch marks everywhere.

Pearce might be explosive but at least his is a controlled explosion.

I agree with all of that and would add that Pearce's passion is usually there for the good of the 'team' where as Keene's comes across as all about self interest.

It also makes you wonder about the influence of the 'guru' of management Alex Ferguson on a lot of these arrogant Man Utd players such as Keene, Neville, Nistleroy etc. How Fergie got that 'shining light reputation as a model modern manager preaching to other 'real' business managers beggars belief and let's not mention Knighthoods.

I agree with all of that and would add that Pearce's passion is usually there for the good of the 'team' where as Keene's comes across as all about self interest.

It also makes you wonder about the influence of the 'guru' of management Alex Ferguson on a lot of these arrogant Man Utd players such as Keene, Neville, Nistleroy etc. How Fergie got that 'shining light reputation as a model modern manager preaching to other 'real' business managers beggars belief and let's not mention Knighthoods.

:thumbup:

I have heard that Fergie is planning a shock swoop for Craig Levein to bolster his defensive midfield options, Keane is off to manage Utd rivals Man City, just to wind up Fergie, whilst Psycho Pearce is coming to have a second bite of the cherry and land the Leicester job.

You heard it here first.

Archived