Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Joey...

From Teamtalk.com

Joey 'gutted' by defeat

Leicester midfielder Joey Gudjonsson admits he was "absolutely gutted" by the dismal 1-0 defeat by in-form Burnley at Turf Moor.

The Iceland international returned to the starting line-up after suspension but was helpless as John Spicer nodded Burnley's winner.

"I am absolutely gutted to come away with nothing to show for our efforts," he told the club's official website. "We created chances and passed the ball around well but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

"All of us worked really hard but it's just doesn't seem to be happening for us in front of goal at the moment. Burnley didn't really hurt us at all - they got the goal and then just sat back and tried to hit us on the break."

...Said Joey before pointing and laughing at some Leicester fans and then picking up his pay cheque.

I know the players are trying to make it abit better by telling the fans how gutted they are or how hard they are trying but i'm sick of it...[My message to the players] Shut your gobs and starting winning, If you say you are trying so hard and we are still drawing and losing so many games - Your obviously not trying hard enough, I don't expect to be winning every game and I don't expect to be in the promotion area of the league but I do expect to be just above mid table, and the amount of game we are drawing and losing is becoming much more than a joke...But don't worry the players will go home with a nice fat back pocket!

From Teamtalk.com

Joey 'gutted' by defeat

Leicester midfielder Joey Gudjonsson admits he was "absolutely gutted" by the dismal 1-0 defeat by in-form Burnley at Turf Moor.

The Iceland international returned to the starting line-up after suspension but was helpless as John Spicer nodded Burnley's winner.

"I am absolutely gutted to come away with nothing to show for our efforts," he told the club's official website. "We created chances and passed the ball around well but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

"All of us worked really hard but it's just doesn't seem to be happening for us in front of goal at the moment. Burnley didn't really hurt us at all - they got the goal and then just sat back and tried to hit us on the break."

...Said Joey before pointing and laughing at some Leicester fans and then picking up his pay cheque.

Seventeen words that have characterised the season. "They got the goal and then just sat back and tried to hit us on the break."

And the obvious answer? Stop conceding the first half initiative to the opposition and make sure we get the ball down their end and that we score first. It's called attitude, Craig.

And don't use four against one in defence because we'll be getting overrun somewhere else.

Archived